Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robcat2075

Moderator powers

Can i get back my moderator powers to move threads,  pin/unpin threads,  and see hidden posts?

Give it a try again.

The updated forum does moderators a little different but hopefully your powers are restored.

Some house cleaning is in order especially given that we are in a shiny new forum.

If anyone else is experiencing any difficulties with permissions and such please say the word.

I'll give everything a look and see if we can't simply some things with the updated forum software.

So far, no go.

If I hide a topic, it still becomes invisible to me with no way to unhide it later.

On the old forum, hidden topics appeared in red, and were still accessible to moderators.

At the moment I'm trying to add to a hidden thread I made for Steffen and AMreport files.

...a hidden thread I made for Steffen and AMreport files.

We probably should open up the A:M Reports/Development area of the forum a little more as some of the restrictions of the past no longer apply

How to process some of that though... Jason?  Martin?  I dunno.

I know the reason you created that hidden post was mostly because the Mantis site for A:M Reports wasn't properly saving/serving attachments but I wonder if we can't do better over all.

Regarding the moderator permissions... I'll look into the permissions for global moderators as it sounds like the permissions must be overly restrictive.

We want to open access to everyone as much as is reasonably possible with the expectation that A:M users will moderate themselves.

Ah.  I think I found it.

You had a flag on your moderator settings that restricted use.

the thread does contain files i didn't' want to broadcast widely, so really, if i (and steffen) could see it again that would be enough

I can see it now!

Can you check to see that steffen can see it also?

Thanks, Rodney!

We'll have to wait for steffen to verify.

I don't think he'd care for me to login as him. 

If I can't gain his programming prowess... I'm not interested in assuming his identity.  ;)

ACTUALLY... if you can link me into that specific location that will save me a lot of time in validating.

You have more access than I do apparently.  ;)

I'll attempt to decipher from here and see what there is to see.

error.png