Hash, Inc. Forums

Weathering a model

fae_alba

I'm looking for thoughts on the best approach to weathering a truck model. I am trying to get this

truck0.jpg

to look something like this

91PAnSESJXL._SX700_.jpg

No entirely so ratty, but not so brandy new either. I figure I could bring it into photoshop and paint up a decal, but I'm not all that proficient with that so am looking for a down and "dirty" (pun intended) way.

• Hash Fellow

The random mottled look of the rear fender; you can do that with a noise combiner

Primer.PNG

The stuff where the colors follow the contour, like the crease on the door, is easier with a decal. It's all easier with a  decal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 2:07 PM, fae_alba said:

I played with decals a bit this afternoon. Every time I applied one to the model . on am (19f) am crashed. Im going try it again later this evening, hopefully with better results.

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 64bit V19.0f any work arounds for this?  only using applying method Planar

• Hash Fellow
1 hour ago, Phil said:

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 64bit V19.0f any work arounds for this?  only using applying method Planar

Either roll back to v19e or install v18p

Copy the master0.lic file from your regular AM folder to the alternate AM folder to enable it.

v19g is coming and fixes that problem