Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Needing some help

Walter Baker

Greetings Folks, Been a few years since I have worked with my AM so these will probably be stupid questions.

Couple years ago I bought the program ( v. 18.Oo SSE4      2008).

I run a iMac 'High Sierra v. 10.13.6

My problems are 1 I can not import images for Rotoscopes or backgrounds

2 When ready to save I can not choose a name or a location to save at. (see attached image)

Any suggestions? Please....

Thanks

Animation MasterImage001.jpg

Sounds like a permission problem to me.

I am not a Mac guy, but I know that there are some kind of permission settings for programs, right?
I can only set you on that track and can't really tell you how to do it, but maybe it already helps?

Otherwise someone else here is surely going to know how to do it.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

Here's a tidbit from Mark Largent.  It doesn't sound exactly like your problem but give it a try...

...Typically problems surface during times when A:M directly communicates with the Finder (Opening a file, Saving As, etc.) The necessary window (like the Open dialogue box) doesn't make itself clickable. It appears greyed out, as if it was in the background. Clicking on it or other windows in A:M, can put that window behind other windows, making it inaccessible. At that point, nothing will work and all you can do is Force Quit A:M.

The workaround is to immediately switch to another open application when you first get the Open dialogue box and then switch back to A:M and it behaves normally. (I suspect this will fix the Mac User's problem, too.)

Hey Wally,

This is a common glitch in the Mac version. The workaround is to switch to another app and then back to A:M. I use CMD-TAB to open the app switcher and I usually go to Mail, since it's usually open and seems to work every time. Once I'm in Mail, I do the same thing to go back to A:M and you'll find that it's not greyed out anymore. I almost do it out of second nature these days.

• Thanks 1