Exercise 1: You're the Director

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK,Here is a shot of the new render.

It worked good this time.I guess I was trying to put to much into it before.

So....

Name: Clarence Emerson

Exercise completed: lesson 1, Director

Date completed: Jan.27,2006

Sorry about all the posts Rodney.

You can delete them if you wish.

post-6547-1138418890_thumb.jpg

Hey everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!!)

I'm just getting around (again) to devoting some time to A:M. Twins are quite the little time consumers!

Anyway, here is exercise 1:

Name: Chris Waters

Exercise Completed: Ex 1

Date Completed: 02/13/2006

Looking forward to the rest of the examples - and of course having something for the wall as a symbol of my mad devotion to A:M! >>insert mad scientist laugh here<<

C.

PS

Couldn't tell from previous posts whether you were looking for a still or a .mov file. I opted for the still.

post-3425-1139878954_thumb.jpg

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Here is my first exercise.

nq70c2.jpg

Name: Mark Newitt

Exercise Completed: Exercise 1

Date Completed: Feb. 12, 2006

Remarks/Suggestions for Improvement: And...awaaaaay we goooo!

Sorry about the size. I meant to use the thumbnail version. If I get a chance, I will change it.

Liquidspaceman, over and out

Name: Claudio Ravenstein (fybs)

Exercise completed: Exercise 1: You are the Direktor

Date completed: 9. January 2006

Instructor: The manual

This is the first exercise I made within the manual and moving on further on I think the exercises are better used in the order of the manual, even though one can do them as he wishes.

:rolleyes:

post-8441-1140033196_thumb.jpg

• Admin

I think the exercises are better used in the order of the manual, even though one can do them as he wishes.

I agree. The exercises can be completed in any order but they will be much easier to complete if done in order.

Each exercise takes what is known and works toward the unknown; building block style.

Nothing says you can't revisit an exercise if you learn something later that you think can be added to make it better.

I tend to pick and choose and launch out in my own direction... it works for me... but not such a good idea. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new here, I hope I posted this right :huh:

Here it is, Ex 1 and more to follow :D

[attachmentid=14867]

Name: Bob Koonce

Date Completed: 3-2-06

Instructor: None at this time

Remarks/Suggestions for Improvement: Thanks for all the hard work.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thankx

Bob Koonce :)

post-2243-1141442250_thumb.jpg

Name: Don Rhodes

Exercises Completed: 1 - You're the Director

Date Completed: 3-08-06

Instructor: Video on the 2005 Siggraph DVD

Remarks: I really like using pose sliders

Here is my version of You're the Director. Off to exercise 2!

http://www.wbcimaging.com/taam/kk.mov

Thanks for the opportunity to learn in a group environment

Don Rhodes

Hello All -

I have finally taken the plunge with AM after years of hemming and hawing. So here I go, beginning my training in Animation Master with Exercise 1!

Name: Michael Fortunato

Exercises Completed: 1 - You're the Director

Date Completed: 3-13-06

Instructor: The lovely Art of Animation Master book

Remarks: Remember the "R" key....use it wisely......

I'm extremely excited to get cracking with this program. I've done spline-based modeling before but very little animating and certainly not character animation!

Let's get this thing started!

- Michael

[attachmentid=15193]

post-8824-1142319364_thumb.jpg

Welcome Michael. You are going to love this program. Great job on the first exercise. I had this program sitting on my shelf for two years and then finally got around to using it and now I don't want to use any other 3D package. (I was trained on 3D Max, Maya, Lightwave)

Good luck with the rest of the exercises,

Leo

Name: Tyson Oswald

Exercises Completed: EX1 - You are the Director

Date Completed: Saturday March 18, 2006

Instructor: The Art of Animation Master

Remarks/Suggestions for Improvement: [none]

I have been an owner of A:M since 10.5, I found it to be a very interesting and fun application to use, I belive Killer Bean 2 got me interested. I am clearly not an artist but just wanted to have some fun. I recenly received v12 with the 2006 subscription. I have done these exercises (a few) in the past but wanted to start from scratch to refresh myself. Anyway I think the ceritifcate idea is great, it's a way to keep me going since I am striving for something. Here is my first exercise

EX1,redo%20-%20Tyson%20Oswald%20(tysono_71).jpg

thanks

Tyson,

Welcome back to the exercises. They are a great way to refresh yourself with Hash. The only crit I have about your redone first exercise is that KeeKat seems to be floating above the ground and his right foot seems on a werid angle. Again welcome back. Killer Bean and Alien Song are what attracted me to this program. Then I discovered how easy it was to use. I will Never go back

Lots of luck,

Leo B)

• 2 weeks later...

John,

First, good job on the tutorial. In order to render out one frame, when you goto your render options, open up the range section and put all zeroes in the start and end time and that will cause one frame to render out. As far as a .jpg, it depends on the version that you are using. If you are using 12.0 or higher then you can select the jpeg extension in your render options.

Hope that helps

Leo

Name: Christine Rose

Exercise Completed: Exercise 1: You're The Director

Date Completed: March 27, 2006

Comments: After sliding the pose slider all the way to 100, my KeeKat doesn't look like the one in the book. But, I followed the exercise instructions, so I'll assume it's ok.

post-3058-1143568287_thumb.jpg

Christine,

That's ok. Several people have had problems with some of the models while doing the tutorials. Also feel free to add your own little personal touch to make the exercises your own. The main goal is to you comfortable with the program and get you animating.

Good job on the You're the Director,

Leo

Tanee X,

Excellent job. I like your spin on the tutorial. I like the blink and the mouth movement you put in as well. The only thing I can see is when KeeKat goes to catch his tail, the tail actually passes through his hand before it comes to rest. That's something you might want to watch out for.

Great start,

Leo

Hello all,

I am new user, I gave my little intro speech in the Welcome New Users Into section. I have actually been messing with AM for a few weeks. I have to say the learning has been a bit steep for me since I have no previous 3D animation experience and I am a perfectionist that can get stuck on the smallest inconsequential detail. I have already had some help from Hash support and they incouraged me to use the forum. I have done quite a few TAoAM exercises which I will be posting soon. I am working toward the certificate. I had to do the first few exercises over again since I did them on someone else's computer at work. So here is the first.

Name: Elizabeth S. Borkowski

Date Completed: 4/3/06

Instructor: TAoAM manual, Hash support, and hopefully the AM Forums

Remarks/Suggestions for Improvement: KeeKat model on Yeti has foot in different position from manual and the default light or camera postions are also different from manual which casts the shadow in the wrong direction and makes KeeKat look like he is floating a little. I don't think for this exercise I am supposed to know how to adjust lighting yet and the camera movement comes in the next exercise so I think this one is good to go.

Elizabeth

post-8920-1144122575_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Young

Exercise 1

22-4-06

The Art of AM Handbook

Hi,This is my first go at doing this excercise seriously.i hope you like it.I tried to give KeeKat a bit of a cocky look,not sure if i succeeded?

<_>KeeKat.jpg