Hash, Inc. Forums

Rotoscopes not saved in Actions

DrPhibes

I had created an action and placed a rotoscope to use as some movement reference.  Saved my project, and when I came back and opened it a day later I found that the Rotoscope was not retained in my action file.  This meant that my scale and translate settings (that I had not written down) were gone.  This may have always been the case since I can't remember ever opening a rotoscope in an action window, but I was hoping that someone knew if this is an error or just the way it is.

I did find that I could use Rodney's suggestion here to solve the issue,

but it seems like a silly thing to not be able to hold the rotoscope settings.

Thanks,

• Hash Fellow

A quick test on my own...

If the action is in a PRJ and i save the Project, the Action will retain its rotoscopes when i reopen the PRJ.

An Action saved by itself seems not to retain rotoscopes unless it is loaded by a PRJ it was made in.

So... if you need rotoscopes, use Actions in the context of a PRJ.

• Hash Fellow
42 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

So in my further test, if the project is saved with the action window open, the rotoscope is saved.  If the window gets closed, rotoscope goes away.

i can't reproduce that.  Open or closed, the rotoscope returns.

So the rotoscope does not save for me the way you describe. 

1 hour ago, robcat2075 said:

A quick test on my own...

If the action is in a PRJ and i save the Project, the Action will retain its rotoscopes when i reopen the PRJ.

An Action saved by itself seems not to retain rotoscopes unless it is loaded by a PRJ it was made in.

So... if you need rotoscopes, use Actions in the context of a PRJ.

Also, as I tried to use the technique described in Rodney's post about decaling the rotoscope onto a plane, I discovered that the software crashes when ever I try to decal an image sequence.  Bummer.