Hash, Inc. Forums

Surface Baking

jakerupert

Hi there, the new forum design looks great! I didnT find a section for techincal questions though, so i put it here. and wheres the whats new button now? I am still on AM 15h and discovered surfacebaking bbut: sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Any ideas what factors might influence that. Ram and grapics and render power shouldnt be the problem. Maybe some oldtimeuser has made similar expiriences and found the solution? Thanks for any help

yes, when I rightclick on some of my models and bake surface it works like a charm giving nice imagemaps.

Then when I do the same again (sometimes even with the same model) it rotates endlessly giving no result even after waiting many minutes, seems the programm is idle and i have to retart A:M.

yes, there is something similar in there. But doesnt help either.

I am a bit reluctant to update, because my 15h is not just bound to one computer and not subscripton based.

Maybe it would make sense though just for the purpose of surfacebaking...

• Hash Fellow

For the moment, I would suggest doing a PRJ save before you bake. and then if you decide you need to re do it again you can go back to the unbaked version.

When you rebake, what are you doing about the existing baked decals?