Hash, Inc. Forums

Animating on the diagonal

This may sound strange, my apologies if it does but, does anyone have any advice on how to animate a figure on the diagonal?

By which I mean,

If the direction of travel is perpendicular and in straight lines then it is very straightforward ( pardon the pun ), I have two figures already done but, the third is coming in at an angle to the target and I am having trouble getting the movement working because its not perpendicular to the view angle.

I'm sure I've done this before but, the afternoon tea has not dispelled the clouds..

Any advice gratefully received.

simon

• Admin

I think we need to know more about the specific setup/scene but...

The two things that immediately come to mind is to set the initial movement from a top view where you can more easily see the angle of any objects or characters moving.

The second would be for cases where paths might be used to achieve a higher degree of accuracy.

For instance you could set up a set of splines... some parallel and others at the desired diagonal angle and then use those as paths for your objects/ characters to move on.

(Remember, a path constraint can be applied to any spline... it doesn't have to be a path object created in the Chor)