Hash, Inc. Forums

sketchfabbed

jakerupert

Hi there,

I recently got interested in sketchfab.
So after man years I fired up my gold old AM 15hNet and was pleasently surprised that it still works.
Woke up some of my old models from its briarrose slumber and exported it as obj with 4 and uploaded to sketchfab and this is the result.

cheers  ;)  Jake

(click below for more 3D models...)

https://sketchfab.com/models/f9fac410e63d4e82b24bed629c8f683d?utm_source=triggered-emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=model-upload

https://sketchfab.com/models/8f46ba27bd66424491a8a46272bdd6e6?utm_source=triggered-emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=model-upload

https://sketchfab.com/models/69deac2c043745788154edb46788bfea?utm_source=triggered-emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=model-upload

https://sketchfab.com/models/62b806c0aafd4eb1825339cc9f2a76cd?utm_source=triggered-emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=model-upload

• ____ 1

Hi Fuchur,

happy to see you are still active here. Hope everything is fine for you?!

and thanks a lot for your comment! I find sketchfab a great way to revive my old models again.

While doing so, i am running into a strange problem, on some old models while clicking 0 for shaded wireframelook it is searching endlessy for building the texturemap so i forcequit. When I delete my jpg decals all works fine again.

Is there any solution for this problem for A:M 15hnet.

Would be great, if anyone could give me a hint.

thanks

Jake

Hi Fuchur,

happy to see you are still active here. Hope everything is fine for you?!

and thanks a lot for your comment! I find sketchfab a great way to revive my old models again.

While doing so, i am running into a strange problem, on some old models while clicking 0 for shaded wireframelook it is searching endlessy for building the texturemap so i forcequit. When I delete my jpg decals all works fine again.

Is there any solution for this problem for A:M 15hnet.

Would be great, if anyone could give me a hint.

thanks

Jake

Sure, I am still around ;).

That is quite an old version and I am no longer using that one... v19 is it for me, but if I would have to guess: Can you update your graphic card driver?

And you might want to change the 3d driver in the settings: Go To "Tools > Options > Global > Real-time Driver". Change that to something else (for instance switch from OpenGL to OpenGL 3 or something like that)

Best regards

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

Try deleting one decal at a time. It may be one decal that is a problem. Possibly the jpg file is missing or the path has changed.

thank you you two!

#graphicscard drivers are up to date. and I changed from open gl to dircet 3d and back but that doesnt make a difference.

probably its the path. But cant that be reelected from within A:M somehow?

Or is it the jpg fileformat thats problematic?

tgas don`t seem to be affected somehow.....

• Hash Fellow

probably its the path. But cant that be reelected from within A:M somehow?

in the Images folder, select the image and look at its properties.

To the right of "filename" is a long path you can click on to choose a different image or a different path.

the pity is, though it looks fine the exported mesh has many mesherrors, so that is very hard to create UVs for texturing in programms like substance painter for example.

Does anybody know of solutions for this ?

my thoughts so far:

-retopo the messy mesh parts

- find some repair tool (meshmixer doesnt work )

- has AM 19 a better obj export?

• 2 weeks later...