Hash, Inc. Forums

How do I learn to install the Squetch rig?

robcat2075

There is a text file included that will walk you through getting the rig in place and a PDF that shows how to set up the face. Making a current video is on my to-do list.

If you run into problems or have any questions, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

David, is there some day we could skype with you and ask you these questions in real time?

I'm stuck.

translate heel_INSTALL bone to height of heel

height of heel?

scale heel_INSTALL

scale it to what?

translate and scale auto_shrug bone (do not rotate) (image19)

I dont' know that the image intends as to the new location of the bone.

translate shoulder_collarbone_base

translate shoulder_collarbone_target (if necessary)

To where? How do I know if it's necessary?

Scale thumb_knuckle_target to scale right_carpal to hand edge

is "_INSTALL" supposed to be part of those names? I ask because it was explicitly mentioned in previous steps when it was part of the name but not in this one?

I don't see a way to maneuver the "right carpal INSTALL" in my model to appear like it does in the Sam image.

carpal.PNG

The height of the heel controller is generally the same height as the toe controller. The scaling of the heel controller just controls the size of the controller, so whatever size you'd like it.

I won't be able to double-check until this afternoon, but, if I'm remembering correctly, the auto shrug bone is just a controller that can be located anywhere (check it's location in Squetchy Sam).

For the other questions, I'll have to be looking at it. I'll knock out a quick video this afternoon and post it.

I started setting up to do the installation videos and it got late on me...so i'll continue tomorrow.

The collarbone target automatically stays at the origin of the bicep unless you move it somewhere else...possibly where the end of an actual collarbone would be (and I think that would be nit-picking).

Before positioning the actual thumb bones, the "right_thumb_knuckle_target_INSTALL" bone is translated to the origin of the thumb, rotated so that the "right_carpal_INSTALL" is aiming at the edge of the hand opposite the thumb's origin, then scale the "right_thumb_knuckle_target_INSTALL" bone until the "right_carpal_INSTALL" bone reaches that hand edge...this positions the bases of the hand carpal bones.

• 2 months later...
  • Hash Fellow

David, when i turn on show_geom_bones in an Action many geometry bones become visible but not the finger bones in the hand.

The fan bones of the finger bones become visible, but not the finger bones they are fanning.

What am i doing wrong?

What I do for that is to select a CP (it doesn't matter which CP you select on the model), right mouse click, select "Edit CP Weights", re-apply the weights on that CP, save your model and restart A:M. This has always cleared it up for me in the past...I'm not sure why it does this.

Hope that helps.

I believe that's correct. Try this. In the Action, while the issue is happening (bend the arm until you get the problem), select all of the CP's of the model, right mouse click, select "Assign CP Weights", select one CP from the list you have, re-enter the weighting, hit OK, save the model and restart A:M. The problem should disappear in the Action window as soon as you assign the weight, but I don't think it will stick until you restart.

• ____ 1