Hash, Inc. Forums

Nvidia Problem

AM v19 keeps crashing with an error saying "Nvidia has encountered a problem and must close" it used to only happen occasionally but now cant even open AM at all because of it. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hmmm... has the Nvidia driver been updated recently?

I'm not saying that's good or bad, I'm first asking if it has.

No. I searched everywhere on the Nvidia control panel which has absolutely everything BUT a link to update the driver. Weird. But now AM seems to be working - go figure. Thanks for responding though Robert.

Problem could be a gaming profile. I would try to use default (application defined) settings for AM. Both Nvidia and AMD use gaming profiles which I find annoying. On the professional level cards it is easier to control, game and desktop cards have been dumbed down and come with so much crap ware that is not relevant for most users.

I actually am starting to like the stability of built in video on the Intel chips. Though not as fast as a dedicated card in some cases they have come a long ways.

You can manually download the driver from Nvidia and do an install that way. I prefer not to use the auto updaters and find auto updates to pick the worst possible time to do their thing, usually on a rush job.