Hash, Inc. Forums

running v13.0 on windows 10

jon

hey folks,

i'm trying to recover some ancient models with am13, and can't get the bugger to run on windows 10

it installs fine, demands admin rights when i first try to run it, then further run attempts do nothing. no error, no flicker, nada.

anyone have any luck running a:m 2006 on a modern machine? the scarecrow and tin man await your response!

-jon

• Hash Fellow

Windows 10 is probably hopeless for CD versions of A:M

post #26 in this thread has the work-around for Windows before 10 and a link to a possibility for Windows 10

But how is it that you can not load a v13 model in current versions? That should work. Can you tell us more?

thanks for the feedback folks, and hi rodney! :)

i have had trouble loading old models into recent versions, but also my subscription lapsed a few months ago.

i saw that friendly paid-for cd, and thought it could help.

drm is the gift that keeps on taking.

-jon

• Admin

Just so we are talking about the same thing... we are talking about the Yeti CD right?

Er... maybe not Yeti CD. That looks like 2005 (v12).

in looking through my CDs I'm not sure I even purchased the v13 CD as that was when the digital subscription arrived.

So I'm not sure I can even test that.

Ah, disregard all previous in this post... that'd be the Tin Woodsman CD.

I have a fragment of the CD I broke while in Iraq but I've managed to bury the replacement copy somewhere.

If/whem I find it I'll test it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

While doing some spring cleaning I found my v13 CD in a box in the closet.

I gave running it via Windows 10 with various recommended stuff file and compatibilities in place but no dice.

I have a few older computers I might need to keep handy for those moments I get nostalgic.

But then again I could say the same thing about a few old programs with floppy disks... and I don't have any of those drives lying 'round.

• ____ 1

• Admin

Whooops.

I spoke too soon.

The CD I have evidently can run v14 and so the installed program launches (with CD).

Of course launching is one thing... getting it to work and work optimally is another.

(As much as I like the images on the CDs... I am reminded of what a pain it was to have to insert the CD to launch A:M)

• Hash Fellow

(As much as I like the images on the CDs... I am reminded of what a pain it was to have to insert the CD to launch A:M)

Eventually, i got an extra, bargain bin, no-box CD drive from the computer store and left the A:M CD in that drive all the time. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I had same problem with v13. But its fixed - its simple
You need to go to update section and find the file 15.0j+ (See updated reply below)
Its the octopuss logo splash screen.
You may or may not need to do a clean uninstall/install ...

which may include deleting registry entries with the name HASH...if you encounter the splash screen loading but the program doesnt fully load/show up.

But install 13 first then the 15.0j+ file it should work.
If the above mentioned splash screen thing fails to fully load program then you will need to Uninstall program then go into regedit - right click start - choose Run - type in regedit
Under each of the headings -expand- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HKEY_USERS and look for heading - then expand and find HASH entries and delete them.
Also while under the heading at the bottom is also another subheading/heading called something like WOW32/WOW64 - which also MAY have HASH entries.

Then do an install 13 then 15.0j+ file

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/v15/

-> its an AMCD file

• Admin

Ah, the good ol' days!

Remember this wizard? :)

I do seriously miss that html tab in the LIbrary.

I think they removed it expressly because I had started to use it when no one else did. ;)

The only thing off here in Win 10 is that pink area around the wizard that should be rendered transparent .

Wizard.jpg