Hash, Inc. Forums

Decal stamping in action view

Tore

• Admin

Don't forget that we can apply decals via the Chor windows too.

Both of your methods will work in that way with the added benefit of stamping models from the camera view.

And... the decal can be applied while in muscle mode too.

The best way to get that done is likely to drag/drop the image from the Library or Image listing in the PWS directly onto the Model name/container in the PWS.

The option to apply as Decal or Rotoscope will then appear.

I'd say it is not a bug but intentional. It is using the most likely thing by default which you want to do in a certain situation. In modelling mode rotoscope or decal is very likely. In chor a layer and rotoscope is likely. And in an action it is only rotoscope. This is especially true since the decal is always saved with the model, not the action or pose itself. Very likely the abillity to add a stamp in a action (which is very useful of cause) has been added later on.

I'd say a feature request would be good, but it is likely not a bug.

And I definitivly do not see a reason to remove one of the methodes. I am using both and I never stumbled about that since it I do it intuitivly in each situation like it is programmed already, which tells me someone has thought about it very well.

Best regards

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

I contacted Tore privately to explain why I wished he would not make this sort of feature request. I feel there is already a solution that works just as well.

I explained that Steffen is a limited resource and that I don't want to flood him with requests to fix things that already have solutions.

I wish there were more programmers for A:M but there aren't and I appreciate the enormous work Steffen has done for us even though i don't get everything i ask for.

None-the-less, Tore can still make the feature request. It's on AMReports right now.

• ____ 1

• Admin

Tore,

I hope you wont let this unfortunate event dissuade you from your enjoyment of using A:M.

I'm sure Robert had the best of intentions in mind even if it did not come across that way.

As for A:M reports, we all know Steffen is under no obligation to take on anything reported just as it is equally important that users should report what is of interest to them personally.

Hang in there!

• ____ 1

AM is a closed system, I realized that prior to purchasing my first version on cd way back when it uses splines as it's primary modeling scheme. AM has it's own way of handling things that are not always in the mainstream of doing things and most often more straight forward and easier especially for people who are new to 3d.

I wish it was a hybrid system with a better i/o because the animation tools are still superior most other programs out there. With that being said and AM's current licensing system they seem to have shrunk their market. There were some users that suggested a Steam distribution but there was fear of too many new users needing help. I don't know what percentage of revenue Steam would want to shove in their pockets but I would think it would still boost the user base and make it worthwhile pursuing features in our wish lists such as LSCM for unwrapping models to make texturing easier.

As far as the initial bug I used to right click and add decal within the model window and never had an issue but still using the old cd version 15 here because it's portable and not bound to one machine.

• ____ 1

What I usually will do is drag the image into the model window- choose decal(not roto) and then I do not apply it.(You can simply click outside of the box.) Now, I go into the action window where I have the model flattened and ready... right-click on the decal listed in the 'Decals' folder of the model in the PWS and select 'Position'...

• ____ 1

I don't know what percentage of revenue Steam would want to shove in their pockets but I would think it would still boost the user base and make it worthwhile pursuing features in our wish lists such as LSCM for unwrapping models to make texturing easier.

LSCM unwrapping should be doable with the current SDK. I don't think it has to depend on the core application. But things like painting in 3D do need some serious core support.