Hash, Inc. Forums

Subscription question...

rusty

Hi,

Attached is an image of my A:M 19.0 Help->About. I attempted to install and run the latest version (19.0d) and it asked for an activation key. My current subscription expires 17-Jun-2018. Shouldn't I be able to run 19.0d and how do I get my activation key? Sorry, its been several years...

Rusty

amv.JPG

• Hash Fellow

How did you get to that screen if A:M isn't running?

Are you installing v19d to some directory other than the one v19c was in? Normally they overwrite to the same directory.

Is this the first v19 you've installed and run? Then you can copy the master0.lic file from your v18 directory to your v19 directory

If you still need an activation code and don't have the email that contained your activation code you can log into your account at Hash.com/store, then go to My Account at the top, and "view" your most recent purchase of the A:M sub.

The "Order Information" will show your activation code.

• Admin

Okay...out smarted myself...tried to install in a separate folder so as not to overwrite my current working V19.

No, that'll work fine too. you just have to activate that install.

Although, I usually do install a minor update into the same location.

It's okay to install into another folder... but you'll need to either:

- Use your activation code to activate the new installation.

- Copy the license file (master0.lic) from your other directory into the newly installed directory.

Of the two the second is considered by most to be the easiest.

I assume this is mostly because folks don't know where they can find the activation code which is maintained at the Hash Inc store if you purchased online.

As this is the same computer the initial license was activated on both methods should work fine.

This is the same way you would activate the 32bit release of A:M and run it side by side with the 64bit.

Of course, they will automatically install to different locations whereas to install subsequent (or previous) releases to other locations we have to do that manually by telling the installer where to install.

For instance, we might want to install the 32bit release in order to render out to .MOV format... as that isn't available via the 64bit install.

Installing to different locations can sometimes be the only way to get at features that have evolved themselves right off the map or been replaced altogether.

By installing to different locations all features can be accessed from whichever release is needed.

I tried to uninstall v19 then did the v19 install again using the default location. I started and again it asked for an activation code so I found one and entered it...said already in use!! So I copied master0.lic from 18 to 19 and...now nothing will start, LOL! I suspect found an older activation code and screwed it up every which way. I guess I need Hash to send me the proper activation codes (I have one for desktop, one for laptop).

r

• Admin
I have one for desktop, one for laptop

Yes, the activation code will only work on the specific computer you activated it on before (assuming was used in the first place and not awaiting initial activation... then it can be activated on any computer.).

Locate the other activation code and all should work fine.

(That should also be in the Hash Inc store)

To get the activation dialog to appear you may need to remove the master0.lic file from the install directory. You don't have to delete it if that is a concern... just move it. The process of activation will create a new one.