Hash, Inc. Forums

Rendering: The Camera (Discussion)

Rodney

• Admin

This is a branch off of the other Rendering discussion that more directly relates to the camera and its settings rather than various rendering approaches and such.

For instance, I don't ever recall using the 'Use for new cameras' setting on the Render tab.

Perhaps I'm just very forgetful.

The feature is highly useful for getting cameras to stay in sync with settings assigned in the Render Panel or at least start from that base.

If you've got any tips or suggestions or favorite approaches regarding use of the Camera in A:M I'd love to hear them.

I'll add a few more myself along the way.

Added Tip: Just below the 'Use for new cameras' option is 'Save upon Render'.

In case it's not clear, that is 'Save Project upon Render' and not a means to save the camera settings upon render.

Of course the camera and it's settings are also saved along with a project. So that's covered as well.

This is where we would turn that option off if we don't want a Project to be saved as we launch a render.

Before we render we usually will want to seat that data onto a harddrive and not have it only maintained in volatile memory.

Without saving, If a render ever fails we may have lost all of our changes all the way back to the last point of saving.

UseForNewCameras.png