Hash, Inc. Forums

Bronze bust

Xtaz

Some people who accompany me on Facebook know that I dedicate myself to other arts besides 3D, especially the sculpture ... I want to share my first commissioned work in bronze ... I did the whole process from modeling to casting.[/size]

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2017_12_21_at_07_44_33.j

Whats_App_Image_2017_12_21_at_07_40_50.j

Whats_App_Image_2017_12_21_at_07_40_49_1

Whats_App_Image_2017_12_21_at_07_40_49.j

Whats_App_Image_2017_12_21_at_07_38_22.j

Whats_App_Image_2017_12_21_at_07_30_48.j

• ____ 2

That looks great, Marcos!

How do you get the plaster cast to come off the clay model when it has so many crevices to get caught in?

basically the process consists of 8 parts:

-modeling

-silicon molding

Then Lost Wax Process

-wax cast (a hollow piece with walls of 0,6 centimeters)

-plaster mold

-bake in the oven (800ºC) for 4 days until the wax evaporates.

-then fill in the empty spaces left by the wax in the plaster with melted bronze

-brake the plaster

-Some chemical baths to color

Fascinating! WHO is the character? WHERE will this bust be displayed? WAS this a commissioned work? HOW much did all of the materials cost, and how long did it take? Lots of questions!

You may have heard, here in the USA we are in a phase where our historical monuments(like this) are being toppled or hidden away because of our turbulent past. It is refreshing to see someone creating amid all the destruction.

Fascinating! WHO is the character? WHERE will this bust be displayed? WAS this a commissioned work? HOW much did all of the materials cost, and how long did it take? Lots of questions!

You may have heard, here in the USA we are in a phase where our historical monuments(like this) are being toppled or hidden away because of our turbulent past. It is refreshing to see someone creating amid all the destruction.

thank you John... his name was Ulysses Serra and he was a founder of Brazilian Academy of Letters. It was my first commissioned work. Clays, silicons, casts and bronze cost US$ 1600 and all proccess was done in 3 months.

And yes I've heard about Charlottesville and Durhan... a very complicated matters.

here is "his" new home:

Inaugura%C3%A7%C3%A3o-da-Academia-Sul-Ma