Hash, Inc. Forums

V18 map imports

I bought the current version last week and was going to migrate over to using V18, rather than my more usual V17.

However its giving some trouble

I have a project, set up in V17with all the files embedded ready to use and the map pathways clearly set out.

When I try to import that into V18 it imports the models and the animationm some of the maps but, NOT all of them.

The paths are retained in the file details but the image is left behind.

When i try to reconfirm the file by following through the path and identifying the file, it doesn't accept the input.

If I try to import the map to then reapply the map it does not import the map as requested.

Can abyone kindly suggest a solution ?

regards

simon

OSX 10.85, V17, 4gb of Ram

importin

g ti V18p

If I try to import the map to then reapply the map it does not import the map as requested.

Do you mean you're just trying to import it into the images folder and can't do that?

Robert

Thank you for your reply. Yes, that was exactly the problem.

Thinking about it today, I wondered if it was because it was previously saved and used as an embedded project file?

Its going through on V17 today so will try that tomorrow.

regards

simon

Robert

Thanks for reply.

Yes. I bought V18 a couple of years ago and used V17 while it was progressing up to iteration P.

They are both on a Mac Mini running OSX 10.85.

All the map files and model files are on the same machine although I did embed all the files in the project, after saving them independently.

That machine is tied up rendering at the mo but will get a screengrab tomorrow.

Regards

simon

Ps

I bought V19 last week ( still awaiting install number ) but, its on a different machine.

Simon, are those images jpegs? I want to say that v18 was the one that we noticed couldn't open jpegs on the Mac. It was fixed, but I think it was fixed in v19.

Mark

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Just had a look. Yes,some of them are jpg's.

Curious that it works in V17 but not V18?

I bought V19 last week, but still awaiting the install number.

Did it ever get fixed in V18 as I was hoping to move over to use that on a more regular basis?

regards

simon

I'm not positive, but I don't believe so. I had stopped using JPGs (in favor of PNGs), so I didn't notice when the problem first occurred. It was only in instances where I tried to use old materials that had jpegs in them and eventually figured it out. I can't speak for every image type, since I rarely use anything but PNG files. The workaround I used was just to change the images from JPGs to PNGs and work that way. It was annoying since I still liked to grab images off the net for reference and I'd have to convert them before I could place them up as rotoscopes. As far as I've tried, everything seems to work fine in v19.

Mark

Thank you for your help. I too had gone over mainly to png files ( can't help calling them 'pings' ) but these were files used earlier in jpg format. Don't know if its part of the same problem but, I've sometimes had trouble withV18 rendering out png files which, when trying to open in Photoshop later, I get the message "unable to open file because PS cannot parse the file format. As a consequence of that I've gone back to using TGA for rendering out still sequences.

regards

simon