Hash, Inc. Forums

Having serious stability issues - Need assistance

Goss

I don't know where this belongs. All i know is that I am having some serious stability issues. I open my app and everything works fine to a certain point. After that point, if I do anything else, the program goes bonkers. I lose my toolbars, my menu bars, everything. The only way I can save is my right clicking on the project in the Project Workspace. I have never had this problem with the "Disc in Drive" versions of this program. I built this machine for the sole purpose of being able to run this program efficiently. My machine is literally only a couple months old.

Why is it so unstable?

I have a Dell XPS SE, Win 10, Radeon 8GB GDDR 5, Core i5 machine.

Will Provide a screen when it happens again. It's been happening a lot lately. Am I having App conflicts? Memory conflict? Anything? This is getting on my damn nerves

• Admin
everything works fine to a certain point. After that point, if I do anything else, the program goes bonkers. I lose my toolbars, my menu bars, everything.

That is definitely odd.

Others may be able to assist that know more about your specific hardware.

The only thing that comes to mind is that it sounds like a graphics card issue (toolbars disappearing, etc.)

There are a few settings in Tools options that you can test to at least eliminate those variables..

As always, double check the driver for your graphics card to see if it is the best (not necessarily the latest) available.

If you aren't running the latest release v19c (topic title says, "v19bc") then make sure you are running that (the 64bit release... although you could also download and run the 32bit release for general performance comparison.

The links to the installers can be found here:

https://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48392

Another thing you could try is to go back a few versions and test that/those releases.

All you need to do to run those is copy your license file over into the installation directory.

Most of the links to various installers can be found in the Latest Info forum.

• Hash Fellow

I am actually running the 32bit version of AM 19. I chose it because i felt it was less consumptive and therefore easier to run...

The 64 bit won't take any more memory. You can have both. Copy the master0.lic file from your 32 bit folder to your 64 bit folder.

I am actually running the 32bit version of AM 19. I chose it because i felt it was less consumptive and therefore easier to run...

The 64 bit won't take any more memory. You can have both. Copy the master0.lic file from your 32 bit folder to your 64 bit folder.

Do you think the 64 bit version would solve the problem?

• Hash Fellow

Do you think the 64 bit version would solve the problem?

I don't know, but it costs nothing to try except a few minutes of time. Download it. Install it. Run it.

Does sound like a low memory issue or memory leak. 32 bit version will not see more than 4gb of memory so you are better off with the 64bit version. Are there other programs eating up resources? When I purchased my little Dell laptop I went and removed tons of stuff I wouldn't use and removed quite a bit out of startup. If you can get another 8gb of memory and get your machine up to 16 gig if you plan on running multiple applications at a time.

Issues described are common on many programs when they run out of memory. There could be all kinds of stuff running in the background including AV and misc apps. Possible the machine has 4gb but doubt Dell would ship a machine with 4gb system mem and have an 8gb video, more like the other way around. Dell does balance their machines fairly well.

Many programs suspend when in the background so they don't eat up resources and others continually run when in the background. Some AV software will grind a system to a halt such as Kapersky and McCafee. Trend Micro will actually cause black screens with some applications.

When I got my Dell laptop it came with McCafee. I thought the machine was faulty and actually submitted an RMA on it. Once uninstalled the machine flies and have no issues.

I would check background tasks and see what is running and using the most resources.