Hash, Inc. Forums

Errrmmmm - WHERE'S SHIFT+7 ?!?!?!?

Elm

********** SOLVED ***********

Hi guys!

Just subscribed to v. 19 and was shocked: Shift+7 (select a whole "object", or whatever you want to call it..) doesn't seem to work. Am I dumb? Please help me to find it....

A:M without Shift+7 is absolutely non-usable for me.

Greetz,

Elm.

Hi Elm,

you can easily set that yourself if it is not available for any reason (do not know why).

Go to "Tools > Customize" and set the setting "Edit: Group Connected" to any key you want. I always set that to # or - for me.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

tools.jpg

Fuchur!

You're the man!

What's odd: The standard shortcut for this function is " / " - which actually IS Shift+7 on the german keyboard. It doesn't work though, unless I specifically enter "Shift+7" as a new Shortcut....

Anyway, thanks a lot Fuchur!

Solved.

• Hash Fellow

After reading this, I got back to my project and... all the bones had changed to just colored line segments! :o

I had tried SHIFT - 7 and it didn't seem to do anything, but now I find it's a toggle between regular appearance and simple line.

No biggy ;).

Other keyboard layouts ;).

In German there are more letters available like ö / ä / ü / ß which need to have a place on the same keyboard size and are much more common too. Because of that, / is not at the same place. (and some other things are not there neighter)

And for some odd reason Y and Z are switched.
I'd guess that that is because in German, Y is a very uncommon character (there are only a hand full of non-english-words in German which use Y), while Z is much more common.

Best regards

*Fuchur*

PS: Here you can see the Standard German Keyboard Layout.