Hash, Inc. Forums

Error in trying to extend my subscription

RS3D

My annual subscription came due. I have been using both AM18 -32 bit and AM -64 bit systems with no problems.

I downloaded the new subscription for AM19 and got an error:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime (some symbol here)1-1-0.dll

is missing from your computer.

Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I then tried to download AM19 32-bit to see if that was the problem.

I ran the extract mode again, but it never completed and just hung the system.

I tried to contact support@hash.com

I got this message:

>>> suppor@hash.com (reading BANNER): 554 p3plibsmtp02-10.prod.phx3.secureserver.net bizsmtp 205.219.233.9 has been blocked for the day, for attempting to mail too many invalid recipients. IB113 http://x.co/rlbounce>

I am using 64-bit Intel processor with Windows 7 operating system.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I should do next?

Thanks for the reply. I did not see any check boxes. The 64-bit version extracts and completes the installation. The problem error message occurs when I try to run the installed

program. Does anyone know if it Is possible to continue to use the AM vers 18 programs after a subscription renewal?

• Admin
Does anyone know if it Is possible to continue to use the AM vers 18 programs after a subscription renewal?

Yes, of course, that is the whole point of subscription renewal.

We can use any version of A:M with the license going back to v15 as I recall (side by side/simultaneously too)

The important thing is to have a -current- license file in the installation directory of whatever version you have installed.

The missing dll is a bit of head scratcher but indicates that another program may have overwritten or removed the dll that A:M needs to use.

Thanks Rodney. It is my understanding that it is the Master0.lic file that is necessary to enable the subscription extension.

If I get a hold of a new Master0.lic file, I can copy it into the current folders and continue to use the software as is.

I can find the old one in both my 32-bit and 64-bit AM program folders.

I do not see that file in the newly installed AM19-64 bit folder nor in the AM19-32 bit folder. Do you have any ideas about where

else it may be located?

• Admin

That file is what is created upon activation... which hasn't yet happened for your v19 install.

BUT... copy that master0.lic file from your other folder into the v19 and (all other things working as required) it will run and v19 will then be activated/licensed.

The problem I see is that your program itself doesn't appear to be working (i.e. that DLL thing) so you've got (perhaps) two problems only one of which relates to activation/licensing.

But take care of that license file first and as long as it is a current license you'll be fine.

I did some digging about this problem and there seems to be an issue when program development is done in Windows10 and then

distributed to users with previous versions of Windows. I do not know if that is the case here, but I downloaded the patches that

were supposed to fix that problem and the AM system seems to be working now.