Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChuckGram

Can't move control points in timeline

I'm using version 19 - 64 bit. About 50% of the time I am unable to move or highlight any of the control points in the timeline window. I've reduced the number of control points shown by just lighting up a model's position but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

It's a reported bug. I think you can move them if you drill down to just an x, y, or z component of a channel but that is awkward.

In the mean-time, I suggest installing v18 also and using that for animating and timeline editing. Copy the .lic file from your v19 folder to your v18 folder

This is another feature of A:M that is under appreciated... the ability to easily (and I mean EASILY!) control your keyframes. I get SO frustrated trying to learn to animate in other programs and I can NOT manipulate my keyframes! JUst earlier today, I was in After Effects... I had noticed that a group of keyframes that I had scaled (compressed) were not falling evenly on actual frames anymore- which was causing some problems. I immediately right-clicked on them reaching for my 'Snap to Frames' feature- but ....THAT'S IN A:M!!!

I'm sure this keyframe bug will be ironed-out in the next iteration of V19. It is annoying, I know.

Thanks guys! Your advice is well taken as usual :-)

--Robcat, you are correct. I can do it by a single component. Annoying yes, but certainly better than not being able to do it at all. Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this