Hash, Inc. Forums

Harun's TaoA:M Journal

I took a look at the Wookie PRJ... there doesn't seem to be a Diffuse color set on any of the Hair materials, although there were Specular colors set. Was that intentional?

If I set them all I get brown hair across the whole body.

Apparently, to colour the hair, and get the varying shades of brown to black, you need to apply an image into the properties dialog below....the wookie that you looked at is the one supplied with A:M in its libraries, and so it works....but when I tried to do the exercise using the "hairless wookie" model, and apply the hair, images, etc, well it worked for the head, but not for the rest of the body....

Capture.JPG

• Admin

Nicely rendered Wookie walk, jump and punch!

Congratulations in finishing TaoA:M!

You've produced outstanding work throughout and really raised the bar in many ways by adding what you'd learned from previous exercises into the exercise you were then focused on. That level of gong above and beyond suggests to me you will see success in any endeavor you choose to take on.

So, the ultimate question.... now that you've completed TaoA:M what exciting new challenges are you going to take on!? :)

So, the ultimate question.... now that you've completed TaoA:M what exciting new challenges are you going to take on!? :)

Thanks again for your kind words. Yes, I've been mulling over what to do next for a long time, but have yet to figure it out yet....I need to cook up a story to tell, something simple and hopefully doable....and meanwhile also work on some simple animation exercises....actually, one of the reasons I took up the challenge to do TAOAM and to register my progress online was to gauge whether I could commit the time and effort to do all of this, thinking that I would have more time this year (well, since last year), but no, looks like time is still not quite on my side yet.... nevertheless, I'll keep tinkering on and would be in these forums for quite a while more... ;)