Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Render Presets

Working in V17

I asked a while back about Toon render settings.

As there was a save option, I had thought that, as I found a setup I liked, I could save it in the render options window and reload it later (?)

I appears I was mistaken.

Is there a way to do that and, if so, how do you do it ?

Using the little sliders in the Toon option, "overide shading' drop down, its a case of doing it by eye to get the divisions required. Is there a way of doing it numerically so I can record it and reuse later?

Thank you for your time

simon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Are you asking how to make preset or saying that the preset doesn't save toon settings?

To "load" a preset you go to the render and press the "Load" button on the right of the "Render to File Settings" panel.

But that's not what you are asking?

Robert

Thank you for your reply and help.

What I want to do, when I've found the Toon setting that I want, is to save it as a preset, so I can then load it for different scenes with the same characters in.

The three generations of characters in the narrative use different settings and I wanted to be able to render those differences then composite them in a single scene.

Hope that makes sense ?

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

One the right of the "Render to File Settings" panel are "Save" and "Load" buttons.

Make your render settings.

"Save" a preset.

When you want them again, "Load" your preset.

Does that fix it?

• Admin

Don't forget that we can render both Toon and nonToon characters/objects at the same time.

I'll have to refresh my memory but I believe the trick is to set the value to zero in the toon line settings so that the Toon renderer renders standard style rendering.

Then set your toon settings in the Model's surface (or material) and leave the Camera's toon setting on but otherwise unchanged.

In this way you might be able to get away with no compositing.

Robert

Thank you for your help.

I thought that is what should happen but, when I tried it before,it didn't seem to work.

This time it does regards

simon

Don't forget that we can render both Toon and nonToon characters/objects at the same time.

I'll have to refresh my memory but I believe the trick is to set the value to zero in the toon line settings so that the Toon renderer renders standard style rendering.

Then set your toon settings in the Model's surface (or material) and leave the Camera's toon setting on but otherwise unchanged.

In this way you might be able to get away with no compositing.

Rodney

Thank you for your help.Much appreciated.

I shall try that later.

regards

simon