Hash, Inc. Forums

windows 10 cashed for second time

Maniac

I just like to thank everyone here for there help.

I will not be getting A.M software again nothing wrong with it but I Am so AT lose right now.just crushed me

this is the second time windows 10 has done this. blue screen of death i lost all my new work Again.

My year is almost done so no point in bothering someone to get it A.M back.

Guess I will Wait till Windows comes out with some new crap and try again then.

I DO NOT LIKE WINDOWS 10 it is Garbage

A.M is the Best Animation Software love it But can not handle The lose of work

got it all working again did repair since i lost all i might as well do a fresh installe of windows 10 crap so it can crash fresh again

Thanks for All your Help

Which Windows 10 version are you using? Do you already have the 1607 update installed or are you still on 1511? (for many you need to force that update once..)

1607 is like SP1 and should be installed as soon as possible. It is much more stable than 1511...

Of cause that does not really make it certain, that there will not be something going wrong (especially if it is hardware related or something like that) but it is less likely to happen.

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: No matter what you are going to do... think about a second partition of your hard disc or even something like a NAS or an external drive. As that it will not be a problem if the system has a problem... you can still just reinstall it (or even use something like TrueImage to mirror your installation) and will have all the work still where it was before and only your software can be reinstalled.

Sorry for the rage all.Windows 10 installed and updated

lost my cool .I just enjoy working with A.M. so much I blew a stack

I still will not bug for A.M for short time I have left with my Year Subscription of program.

A.M was the thing to keep mind occupied .and not dwell on my problem

I am of work do to old injury its only been 2 months so i have low funds this so hard to get use to not working every day.

Thanks again

Blue screen is typical of a memory error and not a software issue. I would do a memory test and see if you have a failing dimm. Good chance that is the problem.

Though not an advocate for Win 10 it wouldn't cause a blue screen.

I haven't renewed my sub again yet, waiting for a job that will justify it. Just haven't had the time to get back to splining here. Love to migrate it to my laptop where I would use it more where I could relax and work vrs my work machine.

Thinking of going for the non expiring version when 19 comes out but I don't have a dvd drive on the laptop. Not sure how that would work.

Hope your feeling better!

• Hash Fellow

Thinking of going for the non expiring version when 19 comes out but I don't have a dvd drive on the laptop. Not sure how that would work.

The non-expiring version is software-keyed like the subscription version rather than keyed to a CD or DVD.

I recommend the subscription version.

I did memory diagnostic test 3 times no problems detected

I do have friend wanting me to keep at this they have offered to help me out.Just do not want to get v18 right yet if v19 is it coming out soon

a friend came to visit tonight and asked me why are not on computer. I explained why. he said can not have that happen.Said he will buy me 1 year subscription gave me the money right away . most of the time i have to get of program to visit with them.

I am blessed to have a friend like that

I had no problems with win 7 just got sick of win 10 self install do not no were the heck win 7 disk is.I did buy win 10 and it ran better since it was not upgrade from 7.till these crashes

to me this windows 10 is just a bit better then the crappy windows vista that was the worst windows program i have ever had

Less than 30 days you can do a roll back to win 7. I stuck with 7 on my work system more because I questioned the stability of the drivers for 10 on a desktop with various hardware (home built machine). So far it runs as expected and extremely stable for a desktop though not a workstation.

Win 10 in general isn't all that bad. I use it on my laptop and it runs pretty much the same programs just the same. Win 10 is a little snappier on loading some stuff and start up is quicker but not a whole lot of difference other than the pos interface they have that makes my laptop look like a giant phone.

Like I said blue screens are hardware errors. It might be possible that the video driver isn't Win 10 compatible but that is unlikely unless you have a really old card. In my experience with blue screens they were always memory related. Usually when you have a bank of paired dims and one starts to fail under stress or has a flaw in one of the read/writes. Sometimes heat can be the trigger for memory failure on a failing stick.

This is the one I use: memtest86.com

Burn the iso to a dvd or cd, set your machine to boot from the cd/dvd first in the bios and let it run over night.

Just in case you did not know... if your subscription is still running (so it is not yet over one year since you activated it), you can talk to Jason to reattach it to your "new" computer / installation. If it does happen one time or something like that, he will very likely help you out... support@hash.com is the way to go there...

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: And please update to Windows 10 1607 if you did not till now... it really is much better and of cause it is a free update... it may take a hour or something like that, but it is worth it.

You can update if you go to "Start > Settings" (you can search for it or it should be there at the bottom if you are still on Win10 1511) and go to "Update and Security".

Make sure you activate the checkbox at the "Search for updates"-button and than hit it... it will take a little. If it does not find something, try it again one or two times.

Then it should start downloading stuff if you are not current. while downloading you can still work, but when it is ready, you should return and invoke the restart, otherwise it will try to restart the computer sometime in the night, when most people do not have their computers on... that does not matter much, but just to be sure about it, do it yourself.

still testing came down with this sound card could this cause problem.had this come up have problem with sound go to trouble shoot to fix .clicked trouble shoot sound did its thing and then took me to blue screen said PC problem click to fix did its fix. It is the oldest hardware in my computer . could this cause crash.creative x-fi fatality pro pci-e this card was not cheap one of the top line sound cards. windows 10 seems to not like this old card worked fine with other windows program.is there a way to test hard drive.I want to try make sure i have tested every thing that i can test.So i will not have this problem happen again.i have not run a game yet to make sound card work hard.getting to that today.re installing Battle Field 1 today this should push computer pretty hard.

this is all fresh install

yes i put windows 10 drivers in for sound card from creative site but not all worked like it did with windows 7

I never got this sound not working issue till this fresh install

its working now lets see if i crash it today

i took sound card out running on board sound i think sound card was problem

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2565063)

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

had to click tab in picture to get these up dates otherwise it looked up to date Windows 10 strange

these updates were in game install the would not even load in till i clicked tab and update threw Windows

up date tab.jpg