Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pop! Figure

largento

Hadn't modeled anything in awhile, so I thought I'd use the holidays to play. I had never owned one of these Funko Pop! figures, but for Christmas I was given a set of five of them (Animaniacs Yakko, Wakko, Dot plus Pinky and the Brain.)

I've seen them everywhere, though.

2testing0.png

Just for my own amusement, I decided to make one of me. It looked like a simple model to do and it gave me an excuse to try out the v19 alpha on a modeling project.

I'll have to check into trying to reproduce some of the issues I ran into. I had several times where I had to hit the "f" key multiple times to get the normals to flip and the delete key sometimes had the same problem. I actually crashed once while attempting an undo, which hasn't happened in awhile.

Anyway, I'm attaching a "blank" version of the model in case anyone wants to make their own. It's a *very* simple model.

blank_custom0.png

pop_figure_custom.mdl.zip

• ____ 2

Thanks!

I'm amazed you haven't seen them before. The kind of places I go (book stores, comic book shops, conventions, etc.) have them in droves. There are over 1,000 of the figures now. They seem to have gotten every major license out there. Funko originally started making bobbleheads and then expanded into vinyl figures. They all have this distorted head shape with the wide circular eyes. They sell blank male and female versions in white that you can customize and paint yourself. That's what I based this model off of.

I've been tempted by them many times. Especially the Doctor Who figures.

Thanks, Rodney!

Paul, Vinylnation is Disney's own deal. They are all repaints of a basic Mickey Mouse vinyl.

Funko does have a Disney license, though and there are plenty of Disney figures.

Here's a comparison: The Pop! Captain Jack Sparrow and the Vinylnation version...

jacksparrow.png

I think the heads swivel. To be honest, I've never touched one and I haven't taken the ones I just got out of their boxes yet. They appear to be solid and I'm guessing there's a mix of methods in their production. They aren't recommended for very small children and are meant more for collectors.

Are these vinyl figures flexible or solid?

And when they are multi colored are they several pieces assembled together or are they one piece painted?

Here's one I was just gifted with. It's Humphrey the Bear, from which I modeled Papa Bear from. The head and arms are moveable, and it is solid.

01131714071.jpg