Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rendering problem

Squirrelly

I have a complex choreography set up with a number of original models. I included a lamp with a shade that I modeled and located a lamp at the location of the bulb in the choreography with the bulb being transparent glass material and the lampshade with a custom material with varying transparency values. I once had the choreography setup to cast shadows from the lampshade across the scene. I made changes to the choreography and lost the settings now I can't get it set so that the lampshade casts a pattern. Does anyone know how to do that correctly?post-3464-0-54196800-1479672179_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M, Jonathan!

There are several possibilities... perhaps the transparency in the material has been changed, perhaps the shadow casting of the light is OFF...

If I could see the chor I'm sure it would be apparent.

Welcome to A:M, Jonathan!

There are several possibilities... perhaps the transparency in the material has been changed, perhaps the shadow casting of the light is OFF...

If I could see the chor I'm sure it would be apparent.

Thanks for your response! Your comment got me thinking so I took another look at the settings -- AGAIN!-- and there it was. The width setting for the light in my choreography was set to something over 4 feet which meant that the light was emanating from outside of the shade. I reduced the width to 2 inches and it rendered as I wanted it to.

I'm not really new to A:M or to the forum for that matter. I've been playing with A:M off and on for more than 10 years but I've always just been a lurker, no posts.

• Admin

Looking good Jonathan!

Great tip on changing the light size. That's sure to be useful.

Glad to see you got that sorted.

I'm not really new to A:M or to the forum for that matter. I've been playing with A:M off and on for more than 10 years but I've always just been a lurker, no posts.

Sometimes we tend to forget the silent majority that stop by the forum but don't post often (or at all).
It's always good to be able to put a face (or post) with our fellow A:M Users. :)