Hash, Inc. Forums
johnl3d

Open GL error after windows 10 update

Posted Today, 12:21 AM

after the wonderfully long windows 10 update I got attached error

post-254-0-06961800-1476162161.jpg

This for both v18 and v19

The realtime driver I have been using was GL3 but now windows want GL

It works with that but now I am getting some issue with cloth simulation not work properly was wondering if they could be related

First thing come in my mind

Please try to reinstall Your gpu driver .

I must install this update first , before I can say more ....

If this hadn't help , download the attachment and run this (cmd line program) and attach the created file (glewinfo.txt)

I have now buildnumber 10586.589 installed and hadn't the problem You've described

glewinfo.zip

Windows10 has a nasty habit of removing your current GPU driver and installing something else. Happened to me last week while I was in the middle of a big job using Element3D in After Effects- an overnight unscheduled Win10 update happened killing my long render to restart (DOH!) and then when I restarted AE I got an error message saying Element filter was not recognized... it is quite a 'to-do' to get it back and figure-out what happened. Googling shows many theories but the one that worked the last 2 times is to go to the driver manufacturers website and DL/install latest driver. The Windows 'check for updates' utility does not seem to work other than to make note of which driver version is currently installed.

Also- Windows10 does not seem to have an 'ask before updating' option... I can only see a requester box that will do you the favor of updating at certain times of the day... I have it set to go between 3-5AM but maybe should set it to hours when I am using machine so I can ask it to skip the update or do it later...

OTHER THAN THAT... I like Win10! Price was right!

Thanks for the response will be at that computer later and see if I can get it back to "normal" on chromebook now

Will post the results

The price was right but the surprises I could do without !!

Here was the update that loaded yesterdat

updates.JPG

I will work on this some more

Surprise I had another batch of updates this was all of them

updates.JPG

besides the GL issue which was not solved with any attempts I am getting strange results in 18 and 19 when I do cloth simulation the model drops were it is and simulated instead of moving as set up in the chor so my ghost when I pick cloth simulation drops and stays instead of moving

cloth.prj

Sorry its me again

after deciding its an outdated video card I went to render and avi file and....

nowwhat.JPG

any ideas this in in 18 and 19

it renders tga fine

It seems to be graphics card related as I've updated to the latest "Anniversary" release of WIndows 10 and am having no issues rendering out to AVI (or any other format) at present. This is true for OpenGL as well as OpenGL3. All appears as it should from this end. I'm working with the Intel HD Graphics card that came with my computer.

I haven't been testing 32bit (only 64bit) so we should clear that up as well. I'll install and test the current 32bit version (as I can't recall if that or an older release of 32bit is installed on my system).

I know one of the issues that plagued you before was related to 32bit.

Edit: No issues with 32bit in either OpenGL or OpenGL32 either.

The only thing I can suggest at this point (other than to work to get an optimized driver for your specific card) would be to make doubly sure you have the most recent Windows 10 upgrade.

Added: This might be a repeatable and related issue...

When I load your cloth project (via the attachment in your earlier post) It works as expected in v19 64bit but upon atempting to load in v19 32bit I get an error message that A:M cannot load the simcloth texture so it will change it to an attribute. Then upon opening there is no Simcloth material to work with. This would appear to be due to the Simcloth.atx file not being installed.*

*Mildly related.

Something I probably should put in a report for (although I think I did for an earlier version of A:M). When installing, the user is presented with an option to "Don't install previously installed plugins" or something of that sort and the checkbox is checked which will result in the plugins not being installed. In general, check boxes should be of a positive nature where checking the box means "Install" instead of "Do not install". If the desire is to have plugins not installed by default that checkbox would be unchecked by default pending authorization by the user to select that option and install plugins. Currently "Don't install plugins" is checked by default which results in the desired default outcome (of not installing/reinstalling plugins) but represents a negative proposition. "Install Plugins" with the checked box unchecked would be the optimal default. This is probably not a big deal because that option may only involve loading the TimeLog plugin. BUT that still does not explain why the Simcloth.atx file is not installed. Added: The 'Don not install plugins' option appears to only install the TimeLog plugin. As such installing/not installing with that option is not a big issue.

I going to do a system restore to the last time when the avi worked etc and see what happens...also will be researching new card

well after restore attempts ...having issues with that I discovered I cannot render and avi file in 64 bit version but works in the 32 bit version of 18P in 64 version get AVIFILECREATIONSTREAMerror and it hangs there

Semi good news

did a restore to the end of last windows 10 updates

after playing around can render to avi file but only in 32bit version

composed in 64bit

ghost.prj

Yep have this issue on Mac too, it doesnt throw up an error message, but it don't work right

Am 18p on Win 7 running on Mac Pro 3,1 through bootcamp with Nvidia Quadro FX4800 working perfect wit rotoscope and texture rendering