Hash, Inc. Forums

Customer Service?

TheToadStool

Hi I just wanted to say that I just recently purchased a new license and a new set of render nodes and the experience has been a bad one. I feel like Hash customer service is ignoring my issues. I purchased render nodes and the .lic file did not take and customer service has just stopped responding to my emails. I purchased additional nodes in 2014 and the same thing happened, only customer service fashioned together a new .lic file that did indeed work. I just got a new computer with 8 virtual cores so I thought it might be fun to up my nodes. I am starting to get really upset with this insane process of getting a new license. I have not found it to be straight forward (plug and play?). Also, the folks at Hash have completely stopped communicating with me about my .lic issue so I feel abandoned a bit by a company that I militantly support. I seriously want to know why it takes 3 weeks to get a proper license installed? I mean, ya'll appear at expos and comic cons etc., you obviously want business. Why put energy into that and then ignore simple requests from people once they buy the license? I really want to recommend this product to others but right now I'm kind of depressed about my life choices.

Adam

• Admin

Adam,

From one user to another...

Hash Inc doesn't have a large staff. It does have a jason however.

Recommend contacting him directly at: jason@hash.com

I feel abandoned a bit by a company that I militantly support.

While I'm sure it is appreciated I wouldn't be overzealous about supporting any company or product.

Expectations will always outpace reality and that never ends well.

As far as licenses go, I believe fellow user Fuchur may be able to assist with that also although that may just be gaining access to the trial.

Hash Inc isn't ignoring your issue.

Jason likely just doesn't know about it.

For fastest results contact him directly.

Hang in there!

• Admin
I just wish it were more straight forward

I've tried to figure out how it could be but all in all the process usually works quite well.

Unfortunately, as you've experienced, a few people slip through the cracks and encounter frustration.

There are a few things I would advise users of A:M to keep on their radar to reduce the chance of less than optimal experience in updating their license or transferring activation to a new computer.

1) Keep track of when/if any licenses or subscriptions expire.

Don't get caught short trying to update a subscription in the middle of a deadline or crunch time.

2) To the greatest extent possible plan ahead for any changes to computers or hardware/harddrives to avoid unnecessary delay in transferring a license/activation to the new setup.

If updates of hardware can coincide with updates to subscriptions/licenses so much the better.

I don't have experience (good or otherwise) with render nodes so I can't really troubleshoot or make suggestions in that area of interest other than to suggest going direct to the source of the guy who can get the problem fixed... and it is my understanding/experience that 99% of the time that'll be Jason. Launching an email to support@hash.com seems like a good idea but it's not the most direct route to success. I'll guess there are several reasons for that, one of which is that Jason checks his email more often and support is likely more of a spam catcher in that it gets a lot more than just requests for updating activation codes/licenses.

One additional thing.. in case it's not obvious... when contacting Jason... he's a real person. Don't rant at him or express frustration... that won't expedite the process. Just let him know who you are (he's going to have to verify that and that you actually have a license), what the issue is and then if he doesn't respond in a timely manner or progress isn't made in a few days time launch additional email(s) periodically to remind him. :)