Hash, Inc. Forums

Issue running trial

tysono_71

Hello All,

It's been awhile since I used A:M. I wanted to try it out again so I signed up for the trail. I got my license file and instaledl A:M 18.0p. When I launch it I get an error about not being able to load the graphics assistance driver.

Then I get a screen that says it couldn't load it. It then takes me to the options page where the Real-Time driver drop down is empty.

By the way, what is difference between SSE4 and regular AM?

I am using Mac OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan) with 8G of RAM with a 2.3ghz i7

Any ideas?

thanks,

Tyson

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 7.29.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 7.29.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 7.29.34 AM.png

Hi there :).

Welcome to the forums and thanks for taking the time to tell us about that issue...

SSE 4 is a special CPU command set which can make A:M faster for some situation... there is AVX and SSE3 and 4... since you could install it, it should be okay for your CPU.

What Mac do you use there? Do you have a Nvidia card installed?
If yes, please switch to the intel-graphic card... some Nvidia-Macs had a problem with that a while back.

Here is the description on how to do that (thanks markw):

"If you have a Mac that has an Intel GPU built into the processor, in addition to the Nvidia GPU, running A:M on the Intel GPU cures the decal display problem.
To see if your Mac has one, on your Mac go to: About This Mac > More Info… > System Report > Graphics/Displays. There you will see what GPUs you have.
In order to use just the Intel GPU with A:M you must have no other secondary displays connected to your Mac and you will need to instal a third party app called 'gfxCardStatus' which you can find here: http://gfx.io/
Once gfxCardStatus is running, clicking on it's Menu Bar icon gives a drop down menu, where you should choose 'Integrated Only' this will force the system to use the Intel GPU.
Now launch A:M and the Intel chip will be doing all the real-time display work.
The big downside for me with this is that I have to work with just the laptop's screen. But it does work."

Maybe this will fix it... I will point Steffen to this thread anyway, just in case..

See you

*Fuchur*

Hey H=Guys, thanks for reposing so quickly. I am a Mac Mini late 2012r=using a Intel HD graphics 4000.

Sun Jun 26 07:29:19 2016

---Starting Log
---Animation:Master 18.0p OSX SSE4
---MacOS X 10.11.5
---Hardware information:
Number of processors : 8
Processor speed : 2147.48 MHZ
Installed memory : 8192 MB
Processor features : MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,AVX
---Initing Status
---Loading Application Preferences
---Graphicdriver OpenGL3
---This license expires in 15 days.
---RLM Init succesfull
---Init Plugins
---Loading Gradients
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Two-Tone (with line).gra
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Two-Tone (soft).gra
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Two-Tone (hard).gra
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Three-Tone.gra
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Thermo.gra
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Cartoon.gra
---Loading Gradient : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Gradients/Anime.gra
---Loading User Preferences
---Creating Templates
---Registering Dynamic Load Libraries
---Loading Bitmap for Tool Bars
---Creating Status Bar
---Creating Library Bar
---Creating Property Bar
---Creating Comumnity Bar
---Creating Pose Bar
---Creating AMA Help Bar
---Loading Scheme
---Registering Dynamic Load Libraries
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/VideoSafe.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Unpremultiply.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Tint.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Over.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Multiply.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Mix.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/MinMedMax.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/HSB.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Gamma.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/FrameBurn.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/FilmGrain.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Exposure.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Divide.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Dither.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/DeNoise.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Clamp.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/ChannelSelect.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Blur.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Bloom.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/Blend.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/AutoLevels.pfx
---Loading Post Plugin : /Applications/Animation Master 18.0/Post Plugins/AliasEdges.pfx
---Loading Shortcuts
---Init Sound Drivers
---Setup Current Sound Driver
---Display Splash Screen
---Loading Window Layout
---Showing Toolbars
---OpenMP use 8 threads
---Real-time Driver error.
---Init Finished

thanks,

Tyson

• Developer

In general it looks like the installation is not complete , there must be much more plugins loaded .

The first attempt

Copy the file master0.lic to another place and make a clean reinstall A:M, than copy the master0.lic back .

If this does'nt help , search for Masterprefs.ini in the installation directory (it's a human readable file) , open this and search for the token

change the entry

Driver Name

to

Driver Name = "OpenGL"

and have a look if the packages OpenGl.gas and OpenGL3.gas are exist in the A:M directory .

Regards

Steffen

• Developer

Try the attached masterprefs .

If this doesn't help too, You may try to install the normal version instead of the SSE4 . But I think the problöem is the Intel HD graphics , this is not tested on the mac , I don't know if this adapter support

the needed opengl features .

MasterPrefs.txt

Yes that didn't work. Oh well, I can try it on my Windows 10 box but I have a nVidia GTX 970, will it work on that? I will probably have to request a new trail since the host ID will change.

Tyson

I'm using a GTX 970 without issues, so it should be good.

Yes that didn't work. Oh well, I can try it on my Windows 10 box but I have a nVidia GTX 970, will it work on that? I will probably have to request a new trail since the host ID will change.

Tyson

On windows there is no problem with such things, since they have better driver support for the graphiccards.