Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Self-driving Rolls Royce

Roger

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

I still can't find the original website I ran across that had a link to the print ad, but my guess is that since they stressed that "with the removal of the chaffeur you have that much extra legroom" they are probably not appealing to the budget-minded. Or those that do their own shopping. Pretty much anyone that has an income less than a million a year (5 million a year?) is not the target demo for this thing.

But yeah with those goofy wheel shrouds I don't see this thing being able to negotiate anything but the most meticulously maintained of private roads. So maybe it is to get you the 2 miles from your front door to your personal helipad on the sprawling grounds of your private compound?

*EDIT* -- I had the mistaken notion that this was a $200k car. I just did a little Googling and they start at $300k and go on up to $500k. Seeing as how you can get a RR Silver Shadow from the 60s for around $30k, I might be able to afford a Wraith (it is a rather sharp looking car, compared to this) by around 2056? After someone else has taken the 40 years of depreciation, lol.

Maybe I can have a post-retirement career ferrying people around to events. I might look a bit odd in a chaffeur's uniform though.

• *A:M User*

"Lord Hamptonshire missing after self-driving Rolls-Royce dives off pier into Thames"

Headline from the future.

Given that people have driven their cars into swamps, the ocean, and desolate stretches of the Mojave while following their GPS, it wouldn't surprise me at all.