Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Augmented Reality

Roger

• *A:M User*

The augmented reality stuff I think has the potential to be bigger than the VR stuff.   Check out the video below:

My 12 year old self probably would have flipped at the thought of that .  

• ____ 1

True. Very cool- it has it's places. I know of an implementation where at a 'Yachting' trade show (very large boats) a boat design company had their 'latest design' shown only thru AR. So, visitors who asked about the new model could only see it on a desktop if they looked thru a phone with the app installed, and then by moving the phone and looking at it's camera- they could see the boat animating thru various scenarios. It was a big hit... people would approach the booth seeing other people looking into their phones at... nothing. They would inquire what was going on and would get an explanation and a sales pitch.

• 2 years later...

I have 100% the same opinion! AR is to offer so much more than VR! And what else is good is that you should not wear any special headset or other equipment (it bothers me a lot). Actually, AR is used widely now. Here you can find a lot of examples and cool videos. And beleive, not only 12-year-olds but also adults who see it for the first time are amazed too.