Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do I apply a force over bones?

I am trying to do a little simulation of a fishing lure. I rigged up the lure with hook and have the root bone on a cube that is my starting spot. Not sure how I go about getting the force to work. I set Newton on and have the default attributes on just as a starting point.

I know I flubbed this up, any suggestions would be awesome. Eventually I will be tweaking the model design out then making a prototype of it and then sand cast the final in Zamak.

Base design I have works but I need to fiddle with the volume of material to fit specific weights ie 1/4 oz, 3/8 oz etc.

luretest.zip

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be trying to hook-up different features of A:M that are not meant to work together. Newton works in the choreography on individual models(not bones) and forces are meant to affect particles, like hair or sprites. SOUNDS like an interesting project tho- keep us informed!

Almost got it Thanks serg2. What I seem to be missing is the turbulence. Maybe add more forces around the model so it isn't as unidirectional.

I have the specific weights but there is also the chance AM can't simulate this because the force is on the bones and not reading the specific weight of the model. That make sense?

Still cool to be able to flop the bones around with a force though.

I'll fiddle some more but think I might be on to something if not useful then at least fun.

Untitled.avi