Hash, Inc. Forums
robcat2075

Try searching on "treez"

During today's Live Answer Time, the topic of trees came up and I did a search for the plugin "treez"

I can search on other terms and get results or at least "no results found" but a search on "treez" just gets a blank white page.

Does "treez" do that for anyone else?

You appear to be searching the web with Google. I'm talking about the forum search that returns results from the forum...

hand.JPG

I get a blank page for most searches on the forum. I've switched to using Google's "site:hash.com/forums whatever" syntax.

I'm only coming up with this thread when I search for "treez" for some reason.

I saw that before... it seems to be connected to where you are searching from. If you use the search in the thread overview and click on results it is different than searching on the native search page, etc.

See you

*Fuchur*

I still get blank page on "treez" if I search from the Search page.

If you use the search in the thread overview and click on results it is different than searching on the native search page, etc.

I believe what Gerald is saying is that rather than run a search from x, run that search from the main/top forum.

I get what John got (a list of all topics with the word "treez" in it) if searching from the forums main page.

I'll look at the forum settings and see if anything got reset during the resent update that had some of us (moderator/admin types) not able to access standard options.

I can search on other terms and get results or at least "no results found" but a search on "treez" just gets a blank white page.

Yes I get the same thing.

However if I go to a specific forum eg Animation Master and then do a search from the dialog box at the top - I get some results. I have had this problem for quite some time

searchtreez.jpg

searchfromAnimationMaster.jpg

However if I go to a specific forum eg Animation Master and then do a search from the dialog box at the top - I get some results. I have had this problem for quite some time

That does get me results. Only from that forum however. If I change the "this forum" option to "forums" I get a blank page again.

That does get me results. Only from that forum however. If I change the "this forum" option to "forums" I get a blank page again.

yes. I find I have to go to each forum in order to see if there are any results. EG if I go to tutorials forum - I will see some results, different from when I was in Animation Master forum and did search there. Using Firefox 45.01.

However I think I had reported a problem similar to this awhile back, when the forum servers? changed and I was no longer able to search and get results for all of my posts (search finds them, I just can't access them), nor am I able to get results when I wanted to see just my topics (search on my topics).

EDIT: here is where I whined about not being able to see "my topics". problem was never resolved.

Revisiting the original post:

During today's Live Answer Time, the topic of trees came up and I did a search for the plugin "treez"

That is very odd. At this time I have no explanation for why it is doing that only for the word "treez".

There is one setting that has some text (explanation) that says basically 'this option will work if the database is set up correctly' but I see no change whether that option is on or off. The big question for me being 'what constitutes the database being set up correctly?'