Hash, Inc. Forums

Hanna-Barbera project

detbear

• Hash Fellow

Ya know.... I actually was going to try doing one of them and I started looking real closely at the cartoons to get a sense of what made them up and... geez, so many shots are "off-model" that it's hard to find good ones that you'd use as reference. :D

Ya know.... I actually was going to try doing one of them and I started looking real closely at the cartoons to get a sense of what made them up and... geez, so many shots are "off-model" that it's hard to find good ones that you'd use as reference. :D

That's the beauty of 3d.....it doesn't go off model. You have to work from a model sheet and ignore the problems they had on the series where time ran out and money. The

original series has fantastic moments and also struggled with extreme deadlines where animators had to be pulled from the Flinstones to get shots done. Unfortunately, that resulted

in artists who were not quite up to the task to deliver the quality of the Quest series.

Here's a fantastic example of Race Bannon from the model sheets..... Done by John Picha:

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3aPCxUiV0s