Hash, Inc. Forums

Copy Paste Bug

detbear

Hey Guys,

I'm in this version 18. And on PC.

am version 18.jpg

There has been a consistent crash that has happened when I copy a group of splines/ cps and paste them in the same model.

It doesn't happen every time, but I would say it does happen about once or twice a day.

Has this been fixed in later V18 version.

Thanks

• Admin

Not sure. The only similar problem was substantial enough that you'd be having other more serious problems so likely wouldn't even be asking this particular question as the need to move to a different installer would be obvious. That installer was replaced with a new installer within a day or two.

Don't forget that we can install more than one release at a time so consider that option.

Just install each version to it's own directory when prompted for the installation directory.

Assuming that is an L and not an i, it looks like you have three releases to choose from that are more up to date than your current installation.

There wasn't any mention of a copy paste issue in the version L release topic or changelog.

Hey Guys,

I'm in this version 18. And on PC.

attachicon.gifam version 18.jpg

There has been a consistent crash that has happened when I copy a group of splines/ cps and paste them in the same model.

It doesn't happen every time, but I would say it does happen about once or twice a day.

Has this been fixed in later V18 version.

Thanks

The only thing I can think of is that you might have Mirror Mode turned on...is that turned off when this happens to you?

Hey... Thanks for your replies.

I don't have mirror mode on when it happens.....so I don't think that's it. Although I have been known

to forget that mirror mode was on and really messed a model or two up as a result :facepalm:

I have also noticed this crash if I copy from one model and then paste into another.

I'm not quite ready to add another install yet. I will just remember to save before I copy paste. It won't be long before

I upgrade anyhow.

• Hash Fellow

I have also noticed this crash if I copy from one model and then paste into another.

I can't duplicate that on a simple case so if you have a specific case that does it that should become a bug report.

I've looked through all the v18 reports and only see one that mentions copying, #6404, but it is listed as resolved.

I have noticed this crash/bug when copy pasting in some version (not sure which?) of 18. I haven't tried lately - but I'm thinking that the crash would occur if I used ctrl C and ctrl V but not with edit/copy and edit/paste or perhaps vice/versa?

It did NOT just happen in 18O with a simple new model doing it either way.

For me, maybe the crash would occur when trying to modify a model which was in an open chor or action? Or when using opengl versus opengl3 or vice versa?

Try closing any open windows in A:M that aren't necessary. Switch between opengl and opengl3?