Hash, Inc. Forums

Zevel plugin. Anyone have it?

jirard

• Admin

Unfortunately, no modern release of A:M appears to run the plugin. (tested v15 and v18)

Regarding usage.
The instructions are in an html file in the Zevel disto. Chrome refused to download Serg's zip file. IE downloaded. (reasons: warnings of potential viruses/hazards)
According to the instructions we need to select -the control point- which will in turn select the spline although selecting the spline with the comma key appears to work the same as selecting just the CP.

I don't recall Zevel being free. Perhaps it was.

Is it possible that failure to run might be due to activation requirement of the plugin?

is a there any other plugin that can create an edge ring?

The only other plugin that immediately comes to mind is the splitpatch plugin which is going to zap the entire mesh.

A poor workaround to use on (preferrably simple meshes: (make a copy of our mesh to work with so not using original) Run SplitPatch and then delete all of the unwanted splines. The rest of the model should pop back into the shape.of the original model.

Thanks Rodney

There were two versions of the zevel plugin. One was pre v13 and the other for later versions. Both were free. It only crashed the program if a hook or five point patch was in any of the patches being split.

The plugin Serg posted was pre v13. Hopefully someone has the later version.

Times like this I wish I knew how to program ☺

• Admin
The plugin Serg posted was pre v13. Hopefully someone has the later version.

That was the next thing I wanted to check as the only variable left seemed to be that we hadn't confirmed Serg's file as the one we need.

Marcel's site had the robots entry in his website so the site isn't backed up on archive.org. We'll have to wait to someone locates the v15 and later plugin.

Hmm...

Fuchur, What OS are you using? I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 8 and my graphics card is having issues and A:M seems a lot less stable now. I dont want to go and upgrade to 10 cuz I also noticed a slowdown in overall performance.

Hopefully this is the problem. Zevel speeds up my modeling workflow on detailed models.

I am using Win 7(64bit) and Win 8.1 (64bit) currently... I am working more on Win7 and just from time to time have a look on some stuff I do in A:M at my win 8.1 laptop... I can't say that I have noticed anything different.

Are you using Win 8 or Win 8.1? (always use 8.1... 8 is horrible)

See you

*Fuchur*

My work machine is 7 ultimate 64 bit, rock solid and almost never crashes on anything.

Have a game machine that was win 8 (crap), upgraded that to 8.1 (less crap) and now win 10 so it is a little more usable and don't suffer the usb devices being turned off via power management no matter what settings applied.

My laptop that I use on my engraver had win 7 home and updgraded that to win 10 and it is a really nice machine. Even do quite a bid of 3d modeling on it with MOI and Amapi Pro Collectors and both run nice on it.

I think in general Win 10 is better suited on mobile devices rather than desktops. Stability still seems to be better on Win 7 from my experience even with the hell my install went through when removing Adobe CC.

The only computer I have access to is a slow netbook. I may just go all the way back to xp. I am running win 8.1 and I have had nothing but problems.

The only reason I use windows at all is because of A:M.

Thanks for the help guys.

Hm... Win xp will not be supported with v19. You may want to use win 7 instead. One of the best windows oses around and closer to xp concerning the interface and the stabillity or even better. And compared to win 8/8.1 it needs less resources.

Win 10 may be a good one too... But i did not test it fully till now. Just heart that it ia quite nice too.

Check the specs and if your netbook can handle it then 10 is a worthy try. You can roll back to the previous OS within 30 days.

My laptop is only a dual core celeron and I tossed in 8gb of memory. It runs much peppier than the win 7 home the laptop came with. On a desktop machine I'm definitely not happy with any of the 8's.