Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lost CD for old version

PandaMaster

Hi A:M Folks!

I'm new to these forums, so I apologize if this has been answered before. I bought Animation:Master out of high school around 2004 and have used it sporadically over the years ever since. (I even managed to get it working on Linux when I stopped using Windows.)

Recently, though, when I went to look for it for a new project, my CD was nowhere to be found. To my horror, I realized that I may have accidentally thrown it out with the wrong pile of stuff during an epic cleanup session. (It was very epic cleanup.)

Anyway, my question is, being that A:M requires the CD in the tray to load, what is Hash's policy about replacing lost CDs? As I said, it was a really old version (v10, I think), and I'm not sure if they even have it in stock anymore. I believe the version year of CD was 2004, but it was upgradable all the way to 11.1 for free.

Thanks for any help!

~::PandaMaster::~

Edited by PandaMaster

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Great to see folks from long long ago returning to the world of A:M.

Unfortunately, Hash Inc doesn't have CDs in stock any more.

For inquires you can contact them at support@hash.com and you can get that as the official word.

A whole lot has changed since the v11 timeframe that makes it well worth subscribing... and with v19 just around the corner that subscription gets you that (and all the releases back to v13) also.

So, for what it's worth I heartily recommend the $79 subscription.

A whole lot has changed since the v11 timeframe that makes it well worth subscribing... and with v19 just around the corner that subscription gets you that (and all the releases back to v13) also.

So, for what it's worth I heartily recommend the $79 subscription.

Thanks for the reply, Rodney. I'm only using A:M for a simple project that doesn't require a lot of extra or new features, so I'm not sure if the $79 is worth it ATM.

If a replacement is not possible, being that my current installation is still intact, is there a way to defeat the CD requirement? As far as I can tell, there is no actual need for the CD to run the program, and I'm sure Hash's DRM technology has changed quite a bit since v10 meaning there should be no threat of piracy for current versions, particularly with the new subscription model.

I just need A:M for one simple model, and if it works well, who knows. I might subscribe for bigger projects in the future.

(Note: I understand if you don't want to post this on the open forums. I can't find a PM option, so email me if this is at all possible.)

Thanks!

~::PandaMaster::~

• Admin

I understand and sympathize.

It appears to me that your best option (at present) would be to sign up for the trial.

That 14 days should be more than adequate to create/modify a model.

And the trial will get you fully functioning v18 to work your magic on the model. :)

BUT... (my take) if your project has value... $79 is a worthy investment in that project.

Added: As for why you don't see any PM option, I don't believe the PM option appears on the first day of login to the forum. I'll have to check on that but the PM feature is designed to be used by folks that frequent the forum often.