Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ruscular

Chronosculpt stand alond program

I have grab the new LW upgrade with 2 free plugins, and of one that is a stand alone that works well with many other program. It could be use with Hash with the MDD and object file export. mainly do 2 big things, fix any animation quirks and poke thru on the fly and create new expression of facial animation to give it more organic touch flair on the fly.
$400 for a stand alone may be a bit too much for what it does. But I love it!

Interesting... SO- the process would be to export OBJ's and baked MDD animation into CHRONOSCULPT and then export them back into A:M for render?

I would be interested in hearing your workflow...

I have done importing the MDD file to the Hash model before, but this time I crash and I think its because of the particles. But so far all I have been able to do is export model and action to OBJ file and the matching MDD file into another 3D program. It can export action to MDD, maya cache, Alembic, sequence OBJ file and Endomorph targets.

Not yet succesful in using this and then bring it back into Hash.

I just heard rumor that the team that made chronosculpt may have been fired!, If that is true, I would love to talk to these guys to implement Hash into the pipeline. This would be a great tool to use to fix poke thru in animation. and skip recalculate dynamics.

David Ikeda was person behind Chronosculpt (possibly in the engine part, maybe more) and from his own words, his departure from LW was a mutual seperation. This happened some time ago. You can find his current musings and his current solo project on his facebook page. He seems to be a very open and accessible programmer about his work and thoughts. I use Chronosculpt, as well and find it a wonderful, fun program for character animation and simulation/vertex cache correcting.

David Ikeda was person behind Chronosculpt (possibly in the engine part, maybe more) and from his own words, his departure from LW was a mutual seperation. This happened some time ago. You can find his current musings and his current solo project on his facebook page. He seems to be a very open and accessible programmer about his work and thoughts. I use Chronosculpt, as well and find it a wonderful, fun program for character animation and simulation/vertex cache correcting.

What is your workflow with Hash and Chronosculpt?

What is our luck that he could implement a plugin for Hash to use chronosculpt?

I'm not so much using Hash and Chrono together. I tested it out when I first got it and it worked. I could do some current testing, but I think I ran the .mdd export out of Chrono through another program (pmg messiah or LW) and was able to import it back into Hash.

As for implementing a plugin, since David is no longer at LW, I'm not sure creating anything would be feasible. Also, he is busy developing a modeling program. I would say, best is to have someone look at the .mdd file coming out of Chrono and see what is different from other .mdd files that do load into Hash.

his current solo project on his facebook page

Is there a way to find some info on that project without a facebook account?

I have been exporting the MDD file from CH back into hash and did not work.

So you been exporting the MDD file back into LW and then export it from ther back to hash?

Or did you also export the OBJ file of the mesh back into Hash?

can you be specific? I know that the MDD file is inserted thru choereography on the model.

I would love to get it to work in Hash.

David's project is building a new modeler. It's been in development for about 10 months now. Not sure how to relate information from facebook. He has alot of descriptions about what he is doing along with videos and pics.

Ruscular, I'll see if I have time to experiment tonight and see how I did it before.

It's been in development for about 10 months now. Not sure how to relate information from facebook. He has alot of descriptions about what he is doing along with videos and pics.

I've set up a throwaway account just to get to his feed. The project looks huge in scope and very interesting. Apparently he's even got plans to support A:M-style hooks.

I hope he's able to chew all that he's bitten off.

Ok, did a little test.

1. Create a primitive sphere in Hash 18

2. Drag sphere to Chor

3. Animate points ( I didn't put in any bones, but you probably can)

4. Go to Model window, export .LWO (or .OBJ) make sure you pick points (1, 4, 8, etc.)

5. Go to Chor window, export .mdd (make sure same points you picked when export .lwo or .obj)

First test:

1.brought Hash exported .lwo into pmg Messiah and imported .mdd from Hash - worked

2. animated vertex changes (used Point Animation tool)

3. save out new .mdd

Second test:

1. brought Hash exported .lwo into LW2015 and imported .mdd from Hash - worked

2. animated vertex changes

3. save out new .mdd

Third test:

1. brought exported .lwo into Chronsculpt - didn't work ?? not sure what is causing it, but no .lwo is shown

2. brought Hash exported .lwo into Messiah, saved out version 6 and version 5 .lwo objects

3. tried to import version 5 .lwo into Chronosculpt - didn't work

4. tried to import version 6 .lwo into Chronscullpt - worked

5. for each .mdd sequence saved from Hash, messiah and LW, imported .mdd sequence into Chronosculpt with version 6 .lwo - each worked

6. sculpt version 6 .lwo object in Chronosculpt

7. saved out new .mdd

Fourth test:

1. import version 6 .lwo into Hash (also version 5 .lwo worked too)

2. drag version 6 .lwo into Chor

3. for each .mdd saved out from LW, Messiah and Chronosculpt - in Chor, import each .mdd sequence in - works for each

Hope that helps. More complex models may require additional handling, but .mdd export and import works in Hash. You will need to import into Hash the .obj or .lwo you exported out from Model window. It might work if you don't use more segments when you export out from Model window (choose 1)