Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

old CP property oddness

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Here's a bit of weirdness on a project resurrected from A:M v7

This project had a path for a camera to travel on but in v18 it had a slightly different shape that was noticeable by the the different camera motion in a final render vs. the v7 render I still have.

Upon investigating, i find that the CPs of the path have a couple dozen superfluous sets of bias properties in them. Deleting all of them restored the Path to its proper shape, which is good since i didn't want to send in a bug report about a v7 project.

tooManyProps.JPG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

A question to ask might be...

Did you immediately save the v7 project to v18 format upon opening it? Then open that v18 project?

A:M sometimes will repair/update the differences between versions but only upon saving.

The 'dirty' flag (asterix) at top indicates the project isn't saved to most current state although that doesn't tell us if the project is still v7 (opened in v18) or updated to v18.

• Hash Fellow

A question to ask might be...

A:M sometimes will repair/update the differences between versions but only upon saving.

There is something to that.

When I open the v7 project the lights are stuck at 0,0,0 and don't move but if I re-save and reopen it they do move as they are supposed to.

However, the Path itself doesn't get fixed; it must be some other anomaly. :angry:

I'm finding out that lights behave quite differently now than in v7 and yet the v6 project I was monkeying with earlier didn't have many light problems. :huh: