Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The thin white line (mystery of the day 2)

Tore

I have this train wagon. Modeled and UV mapped in Blender. Texture painted in 3D-Coat.

Imported as .obj into Animation Master

And confirmed that UV's are ok:

Everything is nice and tidy and okay

UNTIL....

...I render the train in the final scene/choreography. Then an extra white line magically appears on the roof!!! Where does it come from?? Anybody have any idea??

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Did you render in the model window too? It may be that there is a tiny white line between the margins of the UV. (change the base-color of the wagon to black if it is not yet)

- Do you use a Specularity on the train which may be showing there? (unlikely, but possible)

- Is there another Decal on the model which can cause this?

- Or any kind of repeating of the UV-Texture?

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

...And here I thought that line looked really cool. ;)

Question: Does the white line follow a spline ?

I wonder if you changed the background color from gray to red or green what might show up on the render.

I would tend to make the background color the main color of the majority of surface... just in case some UV assignment picks that up.

Also, do you have any other image/stamps applied or is it just the one decal image?

In other words, if you are layering images/decals and one is at a percentage... or set to transparency... or cookie cut.

Is is possible a spline is peaked there along that line but just not at the ends? If the splines aren't continuous (which is often the case with OBJ models) that might be what you are seeing.

I'm leaning a bit toward this one as it sure looks like a peaked/noncontinuous spline.

Finally, what is the color of the model itself? Is it possible the color of the model is showing through?

Thanks for all the good suggestions! :-) The one that worked, was when I changed the background color of the texture map itself from grey to black. Apparently there is some small difference in the way choreography view assigns and renders the texture map compared to the model view, thus making the background grey visible along the edge of one of the splines.

Problem (even if more puzzling than offending) solved!