Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nemyax

Posting permissions

My account seems to have limited posting permissions. For example, I can't comment on A:M update threads and I'm not allowed to take the recent OS poll. Is this normal?

Jason posted the poll in a topic that normally doesn't allow posting as 'Latest Info' is a forum that was setup circa 2003 for one way communication from Hash Inc.

There are very few forums where the vast majority of A:M Users cannot post.

Occasionally a secondary group interferes with permission of the primary group but that is very rare as permissions default to standard protocol of granting access based on whichever permissions are greater.

I've tweaked the permissions on the 'Latest Info' forum and granted access to folks so they can take Jason's poll.

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll look again.

If anyone ever encounters a situation where they can't access part of the forum they wish to access please let us know.

I've tweaked the permissions on the 'Latest Info' forum and granted access to folks so they can take Jason's poll.

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll look again.

Woulds moving the poll to a different forum work?

Woulds moving the poll to a different forum work?

Sure would. Usually such polls would be in the Animation:Master forum.

I'll move it there and if he prefers Jason can move it back. ;)

I'm mainly trying to address the deeper issue of access to forum areas.

If there is one post/topic someone can't access there is sure to be another... and another... and...

*Added: When I move a topic from one forum to another I usually check the option to leave a link in the old place. This primarily to avoid confusion on the part of the poster who (in ages past) would think their post was deleted. I experienced this first hand when I once went on a rage/rant because someone had deleted a post of mine only to find out it had been moved to a more appropriate place. Doh! (Sorry about that Martin!) There was also the time I thought someone deleted my topic and someone pointed out that I very likely had changed my search/sorting filter at the bottom of the forum. Double Doh!

Now I'm getting reply options in the A:M update threads. Thanks for whatever you did =)

You're welcome. :)

Sorry for the problems.

Rodney, I still can like a thread. Is that a permissions issue? It tells me I have reached my quota for the day.

I will assume you meant 'can't' there Steve.

It tells me I have reached my quota for the day.

You aren't the first to report that... I don't see anything that should prevent more liking.

I'll look into it.