Hash, Inc. Forums

A:M V18.0M Interface question

John Bigboote

I am currently running A:M V18.0M (avx) on Windows 10, and everything seems GREAT except I notice my render time indicator is being 'cut-off' by the program... happens in A:M render and A:M NetRender as well.

I have 2 montitors... one is a 4K and the other is a 1920 X1080 Dell... it happens on both. I have tried adjusting the little sliders that would make the column bigger, but with no luck.

It's a very-very small issue- and if I hover over a frame or the current render frame it will show the time elapsed or total frame render time..., anyone else have this? If more people see it this way- I will submit as a bug.

TEMP.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Wait until v18n comes out and try that before you do a report. I have the beta of that and it doesn't appear to have the problem here.

In NetRender it is possible to drag the dividing line between "Description" and "Time" to change the space allotted to each column but A:M doesn't have that.

Does Reset all Settings change anything?

Thanks, Rob...

We should all compare notes on our setups... Here's all the stuff I do after I reset my settings or do a clean install:

-Introduction screen- unclick 'Show this on startup'

-Tip of the Day... unclick 'show tips on StartUp'. This is very useful for newbies, but I am usually in a rush.

-Libraries- close (sorry- never got the hang of it.)

-Community- close

-Property Info- close

-Alt-1 opens Project Workspace

-Alt-2 opens Timeline

-Alt-3 opens Properties

-Alt-4 opens Pose Sliders (all of these found under 'View' tab at top.

-View- Workbook, puts A:M into 'tabbed' workbook mode. (essential!)

-Tools/Customise- Commands tab, Draw Buttons... drag 'turn Decals' ON/Off' up to toolbar.

-Tools/Customise- Commands tab, Draw Buttons... drag 'toggle normals' ON/Off' up to toolbar.

-Tools/Customise- Commands tab, Draw Buttons... drag 'toggle particle/fur' ON/Off' up to toolbar. (it is great to have a button for these features at hand.)

-Tools/Options- Global Tab- check 'particles hair always OFF' (a feature I requested that Steffan implemented! I don't know if it is working the way I envisioned it... when it is clicked, I want hair OFF when I open an existing hair project- but it is not doing that right now. It just makes for longer lag times while you wait for your hair pre-roll to compute, then you just turn hair off.) Hair can always be toggled by shift-8.

-Tools/Options- Global Tab- check 'Show advanced properties' and 'Show property triangle'(what this does? idk.).

-Render to File button... click advanced, apply.

i am on win 7 with fullhd display and on win 8.1 with Hd+ and it does not happen as far as I can tell.

But that does not mean that it is not possible that it is a bug.

Just to have ask it: did you change you dpi fontsize level of windows? that could easily create such a problem.

I do not use workbook mode. it had been buggy in the older days so i just never work with many windows open especially since it is that easy to reaccess them. and today it is just no longer a part of my workflow.

from time to time i use two tiled windows or such things but that's it.

See you

*Fuchur*