Hash, Inc. Forums

My computer died and I havent subscribed for years...

entity

My computer died and I haven't subscribed for years. Do I need a disk in the drive? Does a new subscription mean I have to start all over? I do still have my subscription serial number. Does that still apply.

Its a long story, but 2 years ago I got mugged and had a fractured skull. I have a bit of memory loss. But I'm doing good enough now to come back to A:M. Miss u guys!!!!!! and girls!

• *A:M User*

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, it sounds like you're lucky to be alive.

To answer your question, with the subscription you do not need a disk in the drive. Unfortunately, after the year is up you can no longer use that copy of AM and you have to renew for $79. You don't lose your data, though.

I don't think you still need the serial, at least I have never had to enter it since switching to the subscription model.

They still have the non-expiring CD for $299, if you don't want to have to worry about your subscription running out in the middle of a project.

• Hash Fellow

Hey, Welcome back Rich!

Sorry hear about unpleasant events! Head injuries are very bad things.

I recommend the $79 annual subscription.

I'll note that the $299 version is not actually a CD-keyed thing. It is keyed to your computer and while it doesn't expire, it stays on whatever version it is on for that year and no more updates after one year.