Room mate wanted... How they did it

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very definitely of interest to me!...coincidently, I was just about to resume experimenting with making "clay" figurines today based on some doodling I did with matcap and bitmap plus material back in 2013

here's link to post of using matcap shader for clay

and

using bitmap plus and another example bitmap plus here to simulate clay (instead of using dark tree materials as markw was trying to use)

bitmap plus is probably easier, more reliable, and versatile (in different lighting situations). Matcap shader can be quite beautiful, but is trickier to match lighting situation..

Edited by NancyGormezano

Yes looks nice. BUT, for some reason, I believe it was reported that the dark tree materials are not still available to everyone...maybe in newer versions A:M? or on the Mac? Or are not free?

I also suspect the dark tree materials may take longer to render, but since I haven't tried those particular materials, I wouldn't know.

(EDIT: just tried basic clay & clay modeled - very nice - and probably don't take excessive amount of time to render. Seems quick. I had access to the materials because I worked on TWO. Not sure if everyone has access for free)

Edited by NancyGormezano