Hash, Inc. Forums

AM Refresh - am I going crazy ?

a.quaihoi

hmmm . .. when I add a diffuse colour to a selection it shows up on only some patches 1.png

when I toggle the decal it shows it properly but then the decals disappear - when I render it shows it as above on only some of the patches 2.png

is this a bug report or am I not doing something Im supposed to ??

You are using many groups there... are you sure you are not overwritting some patches with another group for instance?

(it makes a difference, which order the groups have then...)

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

I believe A:M works from top to bottom of the list so a lower group can over ride a higher group.

Also, for the most reliable behavior, put your settings in a material and put that in a group rather than setting properties in a group directly.

aHA ! I just figured it out, I somehow managed to " bake " the models texture ?? ! - Never knew about this - something new ?? It somehow put all the textures and decals into one texture - as soon as I deleted this from the project decals tree it went back to normal - what is baking ? Is that compressing textures / decals into one map ?? Cant see it in Art of Am manual

• Hash Fellow

Is that compressing textures / decals into one map ?? Cant see it in Art of Am manual

Yes. Baking renders material textures and existing decals into one tiled map. There are some material properties that can not be captured that way. I forget which ones , at the moment.