Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation Master reliance on numerical keypad?

Roger

• *A:M User*

Hello all,

I'm looking at getting a new keyboard, and I've narrowed it down to 2 similar models, one with numerical keypad and one without. I don't do a lot of number-crunching/spreadsheet stuff, but I've noticed when I do it is nice to have the numerical keypad.

I don't recall using it much with AM, but before I lock in my decision I want to make sure I'm not missing anything with regard to some super-productive modeling method (or other feature) that relies on the numerical keypad.

What is your opinion? Do you use the numerical keypad much with AM?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much... it is typically used for switching views. I absolutly recommend a keypad! It is much better for A:M for view switching than the draew toolbar or anything else.

see you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

I'm constantly switching views via the numberpad and would prefer not to do without it.

If you have to do without it, it is possible to reassign the view shortcuts to other keys or you can make a custom on-screen panel for the view buttons (I have a video on how to do that in my tuts link).

• Admin

I'd say, yes, you'll want a number pad although it doesn't need to be actually part of the keyboard.

Folks that don't have a numpad on their keyboard have been known to purchase an external numpad to fill that need.