Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to reset the open windows on Mac ?

a.quaihoi

Hey Guys,

how do I reset the window positions on mac, for instance the library keeps on opening up an when I add tools to the menu bar on restarting AM or after a crash

the old windows opens up and the tools which I activated in options I have reactivate them again, do I have to delete a preference file or something so the

app windows go back to default - then how do I set my window workflow to keep on opening up the same all the time ??

Driving me nuts to reset up my windows and tools how I like everytime I use Am

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not on a Mac, but on Windows you can go to "Help > Reset Settings" which will reset the windows and toolbars (and keyboard shortcuts, colors, etc.) again.

Under "Views > Save Layout / Load Layout" you can save different layouts to be easily reaccessable (a new feature since v18 (dont know which version)).

The preference file would be the one in the installation-folder called "master.mac / master_64.mac" (on windows). I asume it is the same with the Mac-Version, but I am not sure about that.

In general, if you have set the toolbars, windows, etc. to be like you want it, you should close A:M and restart it again. That should keep the current settings.

Otherwise, if there is a crash before you have once closed A:M regularly, the view-settings will not be saved (that is done when closing A:M).

Hope this helps a little.

See you
*Fuchur*