Hash, Inc. Forums

let's begin

stefff285

• Admin

It's good to see you again Steff.

Yes, a good computer is essential. I'd say using WIndows and/or Mac is important but for the brave (that sounds like you) other recipes may work too.

It may be worth noting that Hash Inc doesn't support A:M on other platforms.

hello my dear new friend ^^

yes but actually the bad point is i didn't succed to reinstall it on my laptop :(

but surrely it needs the gooood one, the main computer i installed on at first time ?

watever i go install it once on the good one and if i didn't succed in , i will ask to support

kindly regards to you

stéphane

Hi Stephane,

Sculptris needs to export a map from the real height-informations of the high-poly-mesh.

I know that 3dCoat, ZBrush and very likely Mudbox can do that, but I am not sure if Sculptris can.

If yes, it would be possible to use the blender- or the 3dCoat-Plugin to bring the model with the displacementmap or normal-map back to A:M.

But I did not try it till now.

See you

*Fuchur*

Very unlikely... ;).

I would recommend to start it, pause it again and just wait for the progress bar to be filled before you start watching the tutorial... it is hosted at my website and there is no real streamingserver there... that means it needs a little bit more progresstime before you can start with it, especially since some are quite large and you need a quite fast internet connection to watch them like that.

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: "rude" in general means "not polite"... I think you mean hard / jerky to watch, right?

• Hash Fellow

I'll note that here is a light trick for creating a normal map from a modeled surface but it is for fairly planar surfaces that face one direction, not round objects.

It involves shining different colored lights from different angles to create the color scheme of a normal map.

PS: "rude" in general means "not polite"... I think you mean hard / jerky to watch, right?

The Franco-Prussian war actually got started because of a misunderstanding between the Kaiser and Napoleon III while they were trying to communicate with each other in English on an Internet forum (CGTalk), according to Wikipedia. B)

• 3 weeks later...

ok i succed

i took the liberty to enter the text.txt password but at entering the paper one so then enterly typing it now it works

so then after some cartoon pages (20 :) ) and a demomaking amiga gfx, i will go learn to modelise and animate

and after to export in .obj and mdd to render under blender

thanx a lot

• 1 month later...

hi all

as i am actually on my cartoon story, i can't right now begin to practice a:m

BUT

i personnaly tested a:m + 3dcoat ! so then

1) export model in obj

2) paint and scult on it

3) reimport in obj and TADAM! it does good with splines !

i think i will loooooove this software !

see you soon

• Hash Fellow

hi all

as i am actually on my cartoon story, i can't right now begin to practice a:m

BUT

i personnaly tested a:m + 3dcoat ! so then

1) export model in obj

2) paint and scult on it

3) reimport in obj and TADAM! it does good with splines !

i think i will loooooove this software !

see you soon

We'll be eager to see your results when you are ready to show them. :)

• 4 months later...

hi all

such a long time i didn't wrote in this topic ^^

so then i rebegun to use a:m and i go remake the tutorials, as the flower

so good to use a:m, i also looked a little at the examples present on the windows program files folder, some examples are really great

so then i have to work hard now

just a question: does 3dpainter use opengl ? it would be nice when i will have the need and the money to buy it to make it works under wine on linux

regards to all

stéphane who did his 30 sheets of paper cartoon

https://fr.scribd.com/doc/306849327/La-Danse-Des-Langues

• Hash Fellow

just a question: does 3dpainter use opengl ? it would be nice when i will have the need and the money to buy it to make it works under wine on linux

Yes, Pixosaur 3D Painter does use OpenGL to draw the real-time display.