Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NancyGormezano

How do I find ALL my topics ever?

I notice that when I search for all the topics (or even all posts) that I've ever started, made, that the search is limited to one year ("my content" from pulldown on my name) - how do I change that to be like it use to be, ie, would get all posts, topics? from waaay back whenever.

Same with searching on forums for any topic or "subject" - the results of search seems to be limited to just the current forum, does not produce ALL results - from all top level, all subforums

what's the secret?

EDIT: ALL attachments seem to show up however - for me, this is from 2004

Edited by NancyGormezano

Did you try the advanced search click on the asterisk to the right of the magnifying glass..not sure if it shows all but lots of ways to choose items

Don't run a search... go into your profile instead.

There you should see an option to select 'My Content' which should list every post you've ever posted.

Edit: Hmmm... or maybe not.

I updated a setting that was limiting results in 'my content'. Hopefully that will help.

Yes, first problem (finding my content) I get more "topics and posts" now (from aug 1, 2012) - before it was only giving me for 1 year from today. How do I make it find my content from longer ago? (like in forever)

Additionally - if I click on only topics, only posts, or go to last page - the forum goes off into "who knows where" and never to return? - (firefox 37.0.1) Or is it just taking toooo long?

forumcontent.jpg

As for the second problem, for example, if I do an advanced search for "toon render" (with top forum being general discussion) - then I can only get results from within that forum and it's sub-forums

I want results from ALL the forums (usually in the archives) - without having to do multiple "advanced searches" - like it use to work in the olden days in the old country.

Is there some way to get the search to go thru all the forums (ie should the hierarchy of forums be different?)

As for the second problem, for example, if I do an advanced search for "toon render" (with top forum being general discussion) - then I can only get results from within that forum and it's sub-forums

I want results from ALL the forums (usually in the archives) - without having to do multiple "advanced searches" - like it use to work in the olden days in the old country.

Is there some way to get the search to go thru all the forums (ie should the hierarchy of forums be different?)

Yes, there is a dropdown menu where it saids 'This Forum' that allows you to select 'Forums' as in 'All Forums'.

If I ever run across a place to change that I'll change the default to 'All Forums' but in the meantime we'll have to resort to the painful process of changing the scope via the dropdown menu.

And I can only guess that your trip to never never land is the forum wading through posts all the way back to 2003.

I occasionally have a blank page show up in my browser (not necessarily in A:M Forums) and the fix to that has been to open into a new browser window via Right Click and 'Open in new browser window'. The search currently goes back 5000 days (13+ years) so you should be getting all related posts ever posted.

dropdown.jpg

Again, I would suggest going to My Content in your profile to find you own posts as the search criteria may have other restrictions in displaying results. I'll explore the search settings to see if there is a limit placed on search results but if bound and determined to use search right now you might try to change the date range to 2003 to 2005 just to see if those older posts will pop up. The forum defaults often have settings designed to limit server use and we might be running afoul of those. Some are easily adjusted while others require hard coding.

Again, I would suggest going to My Content in your profile to find you own posts as the search criteria may have other restrictions in displaying results. I'll explore the search settings to see if there is a limit placed on search results but if bound and determined to use search right now you might try to change the date range to 2003 to 2005 just to see if those older posts will pop up. The forum defaults often have settings designed to limit server use and we might be running afoul of those. Some are easily adjusted while others require hard coding.

Thanks for looking into this Rodney.

I HAVE been going to MY CONTENT in my profile when I want to see my content (ie NOT searching on a topic)

And I seem to get 1000 results with 20 pages limited from aug 1, 2013? (yet produces results earlier). FYI, given that I've probably made over 7000 posts, this is obviously a subset.

Even with 1000 results, I am NOT able to SEE the results past page 15, nor organized by MY TOPICS, even when I open in a new window - never never land happens.

I do not see any way for me to change the date for searching for MY CONTENT.

I only see a way to change the dates when doing a general topic search (ie "toon render" and using the advanced search page)

Thanks again.

mycontent.jpg

I do not see any way for me to change the date for searching for MY CONTENT.

I only see a way to change the dates when doing a general topic search (ie "toon render" and using the advanced search page)

Yes, sorry. By that I mean if you choose to run a search via the search option.

BTW, I'll note that I can find my attachments all the way back to 2004

AND...something has changed with "VIEW new Content" (for me only?) Today

I see there are new topics today (from others), which I have not read, but they don't show up as results for me - I get "no new content"

HUH??? perhaps a setting has been changed that shouldn't be?

Never mind - I see I had "items I started only" checked

my-attachments.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano