Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

tiny utility for ImageMagick users (Convert PNG sequence to Gif animation w/ transparency)

Rodney

• Admin

For PC users...

If you use ImageMagick (or have it installed on your system) I created a little utility program to convert a directory full of PNG images into a GIF animation.

It's pretty no frills but has the following features:

- Converts a directory of PNG images into a GIF animation

- Preserves transparency (most gif converters do not)

- Works if setup properly from the Tools/Customize menu in A:M (so converting renders from A:M to gif is a quick process).

- Allows user to enter a name for the converted gif animation (pressing the enter key results in only the date/time stamp being retained as filename)

-- If entered, the name will be added in front of a date/time stamp (currently no option to bypass the date/time stamp but this can be added)

Disclaimers/Troubleshooting:

*This is just a fun utility I put together to save me time in converting files to gif animation. No claim of any kind is implied. Use at own risk.

*Imagemagick must be installed on the system. The exe simply automates what you'd have to input manually at the command prompt with Imagemagick

The specific command used for conversion is: convert -delay 0 -loop 0 -dispose previous *.png %new_name%%fullstamp%.gif

Do not use this utility on essential files (when in doubt use copies)

*This executable must be in the same directory as the PNG files (I use these utilities with a static Renderfolder file system).

The Date/Time stamp hasn't been tested on international systems (the date/time method might not work outside of North America)

*I haven't had any issues with this utility but this is no guarantee that you will not.

Attached is the first sequence of images I successfully converted with the utility via the Tools menu in A:M.

PNG2AGif.zip

works2015-04-15_11-04-13.gif

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images