Hash, Inc. Forums

Need help with Mac stability

Can someone tell me what the last stable Mac version of AM is please. Latest version (18L) Standard and SSE4 just crash continuously - I can't even create a project, load an object then save the project without a crash (everytime) or the Mac version really hates Tars assets! I literally can't get more than 5-10 clicks before it crashes - can't render, can't save though it does seem to let me just pose a model as long as I like....

• Hash Fellow

Can someone tell me what the last stable Mac version of AM is please. Latest version (18L) Standard and SSE4 just crash continuously - I can't even create a project, load an object then save the project without a crash (everytime) or the Mac version really hates Tars assets! I literally can't get more than 5-10 clicks before it crashes - can't render, can't save though it does seem to let me just pose a model as long as I like....

I hope you are reporting those crashes. Steffen can fix them when you give him a repeatable crash and the assets that go with it.

No, I don't spend enough time in AM these days to do any level of testing. It fails more than 3 times in a row doing the same thing I just move on. The Mac version of AM has never had a good rep for stability. I was a little more successful with 18k but I think I need to go back further.

No, I don't spend enough time in AM these days to do any level of testing. It fails more than 3 times in a row doing the same thing I just move on. The Mac version of AM has never had a good rep for stability. I was a little more successful with 18k but I think I need to go back further.

Could you give a hint what did not work 3 times in a row this time? just a few words to set others on track of the bug you experienced... doesnt have to be a whole bug report...

it may be necessary to reset A:M or even delete the master.mac file. (this holds window settings and stuff like that) I am on windows but maybe someone else can have a look at this just to see what is going on there and help solve this?

see you

*fuchur*

So installing 18L-SS4e
System:
I'm still running OSX 10.8.5
Macbook Pro
2 Core 2.6GHz i7 Intel
Nvidia Graphics card plus Intel built in chip.
Ran a Terminal command first to make sure my Mac can handle SS4e. Which it said it could. So…
First try:
A clean instal. Not overwriting of a previous A:M installation:
The A:M folder installed but no actual A:M application was contained in the resulting folder, which was a surprise!
Second try:
Overwrite of a non SS4e v18i insulation with the v18L SS4e version:
Installation completed but A:M consistently crashes trying to start.
I suspect this is because as in the first try no new app was actually installed so any new components that may have been installed aren't working with the old non ss4e version of A:M which was not overwritten as perhaps it should have been.
Third try:
Standard v18L instals and works both as a clean instal and as an overwrite of a previous version.

I don't have any Tar assets to try so no idea what will happen trying to load those.
Where do we find them?
It's also been a while since I last used A:M and I don't really have much time now so I've no idea what else may be broken in the latest Mac version.

v17g was about as good as it got I recall and I only used an early v18 for rendering with SSAO.

Hello

I am using the newest version of AM and here are my specs

Mac Pro (Early 2009)

Mac os version 10.10.3

2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

18 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

​The new version is not very stable nor are all the others versions using 10.10.3

it works when it wants to and then it dose not

It would be a good idea to get the specs from Steffen as to what machine he is using

so at least we are all in the same ballpark

T'm a big fan but it is a pain

j

I haven't been using A:M recently, either, but just I just tried to open Tar and should point out that Dark Tree textures don't work on the Mac version. The plug-in stopped working awhile back. So trying to load those materials might cause the Mac version to crash.

I do plan to get back on the train at some point in the near future, so hopefully the issues can be resolved.

• Developer

My mac development machine is a

Mac mini (Mid2011)

Core I7 , 8GB

Radeon 6630M

using OSX10.7.5 (the last version , where I'm able to compile A:M, newer versions won't work, due same framework incompatibilities)